Author Topic: How to I STOP browsers from openning in the sandbox?  (Read 2565 times)

villandra

How to I STOP browsers from openning in the sandbox?
« on: June 06, 2012, 12:14:34 AM »
I did something a week or so that started Mozilla and IE 8 openning in the sandbox - running virtualized with that red border around it.

I tried going into sandbox options and deleting them from the list of things to always run virtualized, and my browser opens not virtualized just once, and then the browsers RETURN to the list of things to always run virtualized.

I added my browsers to the list of things to NEVER run virtualized, and it just ignores that and automatically runs them virtualized.   

How do I stop my browsers from automatically run virtualized?

The reason is that this is causing all sorts of blue screen errors when I try to do various things in IE 8, which is the ONLY browser I will use, and don't you even try arguing with me.   

I'm running Windows XP Pro version 3.   

I have enjoyed Avast a great deal, and it has worked very well for me, until now.   Don't you force me to change anti-virus programs because you changed something, and you are too stupid to give us a choice about what we want to run how on our own computers.   

If you don't come back with how to stop my browsers from running virtualized, or if I get nasty comments and arguments from you instead, you don't want to see the reviews I am going to give Avast all over the Internet.   

I e-mailed Avast support four days ago, and they never even deigned to respond.

Dora

Offline Alikhan

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
Re: How to I STOP browsers from openning in the sandbox?
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2012, 12:36:52 AM »
To stop them from being sandboxed do this.

Avast UI > Additional Protection > Browser Protection

Then Uncheck "Run this browser sandboxed"

You could also do this.

Right click the browser on the Desktop and click "Always run outside of Sandbox"

If that doesn't work, do an Avast repair and then reboot.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2012, 12:48:40 AM by Alikhan »
Windows 10 Home 64-bit • Avast Free (latest stable version) •  Malwarebytes 4 Premium (On-Demand) • Windows Firewall Control • Google Chrome • LastPass • CCleaner • O&O ShutUp10 •

Offline Lateral

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2012, 03:58:24 AM »
Thanks for this!

I was also looking for a solution to the same issue!!

Regards
Greg

Offline Alikhan

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2012, 12:58:23 PM »
Your welcome.
Windows 10 Home 64-bit • Avast Free (latest stable version) •  Malwarebytes 4 Premium (On-Demand) • Windows Firewall Control • Google Chrome • LastPass • CCleaner • O&O ShutUp10 •