Author Topic: (Solved) Trouble with Windows Update and Bing.com  (Read 3434 times)

DarkMasters

(Solved) Trouble with Windows Update and Bing.com
« on: June 05, 2012, 04:32:55 AM »
I've been unable to check for Windows Update and loading Bing.com for three days now despite my working internet connection. The only significant things that I've done to this computer in this past few days is update the windows. I wondered if anyone having similar problem?
« Last Edit: June 06, 2012, 12:57:29 PM by DarkMasters »

YoKenny

Re: Trouble with Windows Update and Bing.com
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2012, 11:25:32 AM »
First thing you have to do is to remove  Microsoft Security Essentials (MSE) and install avast!

I have no problem with Bing.com on my Windows 7 system.

DarkMasters

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2012, 04:52:08 PM »
The last good version of Avast which work well with my computer is 6.0.1367. All the update after that always cause me trouble even though I do a clean install of Avast. Currently I'm quite satisfied of MSE for it's stability, though I like Avast more for it's light use of my system resource.

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2012, 04:55:35 PM »
Bing works fine here as do windows updates.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2012, 05:00:49 PM by craigb »

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2012, 04:57:50 PM »
No problems with windows update on either my XP Pro or win7 systems and the out of sequence update yesterday was downloaded (when I allowed it) and installed without problem. I don't use Bing, so I can't comment on that.

What trouble were you having with windows updates after 6.0.1367 ?
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

DarkMasters

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2012, 05:24:12 PM »
Bing works fine here.

Yeah, I bet so. Still can't access Bing.com and just check it using Down for Everyone or Just Me, it says that it's just me.

No. It's not trouble with Windows Update after 6.0.1367. It's an intermittent problem of black blank screen when I log into Windows and sometimes an unusual high use of CPU (80-100%) after log in while the system is idle put my system down to a crawl. I'm simply kinda lazy to troubleshoot it, so I choose one that simply work for me. Though, I kind of feel a little bit unsafe without the Web and Network Shield protecting me at the time.

DarkMasters

« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2012, 12:56:28 PM »
I just turning on the computer and finally Windows Update working normal (just got 1 small update from Microsoft and MSE definition now). I can access Bing as well now. It seems just momentarily breakdown in Microsoft server connection (more than 3 days) for my system since I didn't do anything to fix it and now it fix itself.