Author Topic: 80+ HRS SCANNING AVScanLog-20120606-1.data DISAPPEARS WITHOUT A TRACE!?!?!?  (Read 2771 times)

Offline portablejon

80+ HRS SCANNING AVScanLog-20120606-1.data DISAPPEARS WITHOUT A TRACE!?!?!?

I REALLY hope that someone can figure this one out.

I've been scanning using my macbook pro (early 2009 unibody using usb 2.0) my external Seagate USB 3.0 HDD hard disk drive formatted NTFS with a mixture of mac & windows programs/applications & files, etc.

scanning has taken over 80+ hours of burning my mac metal to the surface of the sun & spinning the hdd more times then the earth has revolved around it (ps i know i kept checking and thats kind of where it left off) and there were viruses being found plus warnings. i had show all files selected including clean scanned files.

i come back now more than 3 days and the program closed by itself.  i went to where the scanlogs are kept and there is nothing but old files but not the new one.  can someone please tell me if there is a cache or temp folder/directory location on where all this info went???

here's where my files are kept

OS X > Users > ME > Library > Application Support > Avast > ScanLogs

AVScanLog-20120606-1.data

ALSO: WHY DONT AVAST MAKE THIS CUSTOMIZEABLE LIKE WINDOWS COUNTERPART SO I CAN TELL IT WHAT TO DO FOR EACH FILE FOUND (3 STEPS: CLEAN & REPAIR, DELETE, MOVE TO CHEST), FULL SCREEN WITH HORIZONTAL SLIDE BARS SO I CAN ACTUALLY READ FILES & INCLUDE A PAUSE AND RECOOP FUNCTION IN CASE POWER GOES OUT I START FROM WHERE I LEFT OFF.  THE SCANLOG FILE SHOULD BE BUFFERED IN SAME LOCATION IN CASE SOMETHING LIKE THIS HAPPENS I CAN AT LEAST START BACK A FEW FILES BACK NOT THE WHOLE SYSTEM OR DRIVE!

THANK YOU FOR SPEEDY RESPONSE!

Offline portablejon

MAC OS X 10.6.8 SNOW LEOPARD
AVAST 7.0 (37028)

Offline mustang64

Hi There,
I have Avast Security (Paid Version) on Windows, works like a charm...I also have Avast on this OS X box and it works like a charm!  I wonder if it is something that Windows does not like as you say you have 'em both?  Why are you shouting, (all caps thing)?  I don't think this is very condusive to getting help from the forum.  Be nice and you may get some help!
~verne~

Offline portablejon

Re: 80+ HRS SCANNING AVScanLog-20120606-1.data DISAPPEARS WITHOUT A TRACE!?!?!?
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2012, 11:42:25 PM »
Has this issue been fixed so I can pickup where I left off with a an automatic resume function?  Also how do I backup export/import settings as in Windows version?