Author Topic: NoScript Needed?  (Read 12677 times)

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
Re: NoScript Needed?
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2012, 02:35:45 PM »
There is a NotScripts I believe for Opera not sure if that is from the same people who made NoScript.

No, it isn't.
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

HDW38

« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2012, 02:37:30 PM »

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2012, 02:38:26 PM »
Installed.
Thx, Asyn.

You're welcome.
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline !Donovan

• Web Analyst
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
    • The WAR Against Malware
« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2012, 06:19:11 PM »
I don't use Firefox but if I did, I'm sure I would not use No Script because I don't want to see constant alerts. I think Avast's Script Shield is sufficient.

There is no alert. You can hover over the icon and select which sites to allow/disallow that are on the current page.

You won't realize that NoScript is even running unless the website is completely rendered helpless with no javascript.
Familiarize Yourself! | Educate Yourself! | Beautify Yourself! | Scan Yourself!
"People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it."

Dch48

« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2012, 11:08:35 PM »
I don't use Firefox but if I did, I'm sure I would not use No Script because I don't want to see constant alerts. I think Avast's Script Shield is sufficient.

Great double negative and explains why your answer is totally wrong as you have zero idea how it works.

You don't get constant alerts by NoScript.
I fully understand how it works and even one alert for something safe is too many.

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2012, 11:14:17 PM »
What part of no alerts is it that you don't understand, NoScript doesn't give 'any' alerts.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Dch48

« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2012, 11:16:21 PM »
What part of no alerts is it that you don't understand, NoScript doesn't give 'any' alerts.
It doesn't tell you that scripts have been blocked and give an option to allow them in the future? If that's the case, then that's even worse. I don't want to cripple my browser in any way.

Offline !Donovan

• Web Analyst
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2012, 11:24:54 PM »
By alerts i mean it gives no annoying pop-up on every website saying
" THIS THIS AND THIS WAS BLOCKED!
DO YOU WANT TO UNBLOCK THIS?
       THIS?
        HOW ABOUT THIS? " ::) :P

If you want to allow/forbid scripts, simply hover over the icon and click on the site to allow/forbid.

MAG

« Reply #23 on: June 10, 2012, 11:32:44 PM »
It doesn't tell you that scripts have been blocked and give an option to allow them in the future? If that's the case, then that's even worse. I don't want to cripple my browser in any way.
You can have Noscript give a message about blocked scripts at the bottom of the page. It seems most users don't enable this and just use the 'hover over the icon' method.

Dch48

« Reply #24 on: June 10, 2012, 11:41:07 PM »
It also seems to blindly block everything , including Flash, unless you allow it for specific sites. Again I say, no thanks. I want the full browsing experience. For added security, Avast's Safe Zone is perfectly sufficient.

Offline !Donovan

• Web Analyst
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #25 on: June 10, 2012, 11:52:03 PM »
It also seems to blindly block everything , including Flash, unless you allow it for specific sites.
For good reason. ;)

Again I say, no thanks. I want the full browsing experience. For added security, Avast's Safe Zone is perfectly sufficient.
Enjoy! :)

Offline Gopher John

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #26 on: June 11, 2012, 04:16:50 AM »
It also seems to blindly block everything , including Flash, unless you allow it for specific sites. Again I say, no thanks. I want the full browsing experience. For added security, Avast's Safe Zone is perfectly sufficient.

You sound like my neighbor.  He said that he wants to see everything.  Believe me, he has.  I can't remember all the times that I've had to clean his machine.  He must be getting wiser, as it hasn't happened for about a year.
AMD A6-5350M APU with Radeon HD Graphics, 8.0GB RAM, Win7 Pro SP1 64bit, IE11
i7-3610QM 2.3GHZ, 8.0GB Ram,  Nvidia GeForce GT 630M 2GB, Win7 Pro SP1 64bit, IE 11
Common to both: Avast Premium Security 19.7.2388, WinPatrol Plus, SpywareBlaster 5.5, Opera 12.18, Firefox 68.0.2, MBam Free, CCleaner

norel

« Reply #27 on: June 11, 2012, 06:11:55 AM »
In NoScript I use the setting "Temporarily allow top-level sites by default." This usually allows most of the content I'm looking for while blocking all the third-party crap. I don't know how it would work for newspapers, might be worth a try.

Dch48

« Reply #28 on: June 11, 2012, 09:17:54 AM »

You sound like my neighbor.  He said that he wants to see everything.  Believe me, he has.  I can't remember all the times that I've had to clean his machine.  He must be getting wiser, as it hasn't happened for about a year.
Well, for me, it hasn't happened since 1999 when I first got on the internet. I have never been infected by anything.

SafeSurf

« Reply #29 on: June 11, 2012, 09:48:22 AM »
You should consider yourself very lucky. :o  I wouldn't go without NS these days.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2012, 09:53:40 AM by SafeSurf »