Author Topic: Did I renew my license too early?  (Read 1755 times)

pokeydammit

Did I renew my license too early?
« on: June 10, 2012, 04:02:17 AM »
I still had 5 months left on my avast! av pro license (expires 11/25/12) but wanted to take advantage of the $20 savings for 3 years.  I clicked this link: http://www.avast.com/pro-antivirus then clicked "add PCs or years."  I wanted to add 3 years.  So, I followed instructions elsewhere on the forums by installing the trial version, activating my original license that expires 11/25/12, then installed the new license but it expires 06/09/15.  Why did I lose the 5 months still on my original license??  I did, after all, click "add PCs or years" and expected to have my license extended to 11/25/15.  Is there anyone that can tell me if I did something wrong or if the mistake is on avast's end?  Can anything be done to reissue a license to me that will expire on 11/25/15?

Nesivos

Re: Did I renew my license too early?
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2012, 04:25:17 AM »
When I renewed early it extended my license correctly.  Maybe you can only renew up to a couple of months early in order not to lose some time against your license.  I don't know if that is the case but your renewal was really early even though I understand why you did it.

You should be able to contact avast! Sales via email by going to the avast website.

That is at least what I did, but I did it before I renewed early to make sure I wouldn't lose any time.  Maybe it was because of that though I don't think so.

Someone else here may have  better idea than what I suggested.

Good luck

pokeydammit

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2012, 05:39:52 AM »
I called CS and they told me that I misunderstood what the site said.  I told him I clicked the "add PC or years" link and he told me that the link is for buying a license.  I told him that is NOT what the link said.  He talked to me like I was a moron and that ticked me off even further.  I asked him why can't I just get a new license that expires on November 25, 2015 and he said NO you can't do that, that all AV programs are that way (I beg to differ).  I am so angry right now... I guess they don't appreciate a "dedicated" customer who was willing to stick with them for 5 years.  I love the program, but the CS sucks.  What good is a program when you cannot get a CS rep who knows left from right?  So, needless to say, I requested a refund for my 3 years and after 11/25/12, I will never use another avast product.  Unless, someone from avast reaches into their magic hat and pulls out a license for me that expires on 11/25/15.

Offline jadinolf

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2012, 07:07:43 AM »
All the AV programs are like that, eh?

Yeah, right. >:(
printed on 100% recycled bytes

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2012, 05:55:23 PM »
Maybe an email to sales (at) avast (dot) com and explain the situation...
The best things in life are free.