Author Topic: BSOD - SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION caused by aswSP.SYS  (Read 16762 times)

sztihamer

Re: BSOD - SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION caused by aswSP.SYS
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2012, 03:55:55 PM »
Jesus Christ! I'm looking for a logical explanation for the BSOD and not the flaming there. Most likely you didn't read what I already said, and you just quoted my last sentence. Also probably you didn't read my first post either. I didn't asked a single question... do you see any question mark in my post? I don't know what answer are you talking talking about, because there were none in that one. See for yourself if you don't believe me... Just read it please! I still don't understand how can you answer a post that has nothing to do with questions...
Also I know that the forum has a lot of members, but how can I supposed to get an idea what the problem was when only evangelist members respond to me, and all of that has to with David's post.

I repeat again evangelist guys, I am looking for the source of the problem, and what is causing it. If it's a global issue then it deserves to be fixed, if it's only available in my machine then fine. If you don't know what causes the problem please don't waste your time. I'm not interested with users who care about their post count. Indeed David said to post it to the ftp, I did it, and that's all... Coolmario88 shared his experience and glad he did, but the other posts are just wasted, there's no need for that. The only person who understands me is Coolmario88 so far!

We can go all day long with flaming each other, I don't see the pont... If you don't have anything to contribute to the bug report, then at least give a chance to others, maybe we find the core of the problem and everybody will be happy!

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2012, 06:18:24 PM »
I dont understand why you are being so irrate ??? you stated your problem and mentioned where you uploaded the files too - DavidR responded by telling you the files need to be uploaded to avast and supplied you the neccessary means to do so at which point you basically accuse him of thinking you "stupid" ::).
It is not our job to upload the files for you hence the information given by DavidR - Please upload the dump file if you have not done so already, if you have uploaded the files with a link to this thread then i suggest you patiently wait for a response.

sztihamer

« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2012, 06:45:36 PM »
Alright enough of this evangelist guys... I don't need any more replies just because you want to increase your post count. If you don't have anything to say besides telling me that I'm a terrible person. Why do you guys need to post in every single topic you find on the forum? I think is a bit unusual to say to a non native English speaker to say that English-language saying that David was made fun of by Arizona or something like that. If you don't know the meaning of it because you don't speak English as good as a native American or British person that can be also a problem.

Come on guys that's ridiculous! Do they pay you guys for this? I want information on the crash, and not stuff in which discuss useless things. I will mention again for those who haven't read the entire topic: Please, please, please stay on topic, because there's no need to talk about other stuff here. I need knowledgeable evangelist members and not people who posts all day long on the forum, just to brag about his post counts. Seriously there's no need for that. Now let's wait patiently until we get some more information on the blue screen of death...

Offline !Donovan

• Web Analyst
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
    • The WAR Against Malware
« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2012, 06:50:08 PM »
1. DavidR gives extra information in advance. Thus, if the user does not know about that subject, they can easily follow the instructions given. It's rather easier to have pre-set instructions then having to handtype them everytime. Many advanced contributors to help forums use this method, as it saves time and they can get to the point faster. It's not like we're getting payed.

2. As evangelist, we don't have reason for post count as the evangelist club is a special club that you have to be invited into. Stop accusing us of trying to 'bump up our post count' when we're trying to help you.

3. Stop bashing us evangelist in every single post of yours and actually state more information about what this topic is about! We have enough trolls as it is!

-----------------------------

It usually takes 1-5 days for avast! to recognize and respond to BSOD posts.
Familiarize Yourself! | Educate Yourself! | Beautify Yourself! | Scan Yourself!
"People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it."

Offline Coolmario88

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • Bronies make the web go round
« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2012, 06:59:20 PM »
I have messaged PK with a link to this topic in the message. I remember he told us this in a topic i made a while back

If you get a bsod next time (or any other member here), it's better to let us know (e.g. send me a PM).
Your crash was caused by a bug in aswsp.sys driver (antirootkit part), I think it was already fixed.
Webbrowser: Mozilla Firefox
PC Specs: Intel i5-12400f, Nvidia RTX 3050, 16gb ram, 1.5TB SSD(s).

sztihamer

« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2012, 07:17:16 PM »
Why are you still discussing this? I'm only interested in the actual software problem and nothing else. Except that it can take up to 5 days, that's awesome! Finally some useful stuff. Why can't we be just friends? I did shared my opinion in my second post and that's all. No offense against you guys, but this will certainly not fix the potential problem in the self protection module... Let's be friends and wait until someone comes up with something good things.

Edit: Thanks Coolmario88, I think now we can patch the problem. I'm very confident that we nailed it this time. Good to hear that someone cares about fixing the serious issues in avast! Thank you again for all the stuff you already mentioned and did. This is what I expect from an awesome forum member!
« Last Edit: June 11, 2012, 07:21:20 PM by sztihamer »

Offline bs

• Avast team
« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2012, 03:15:01 PM »
This problem should be fixed in next (R3) release.

sztihamer

« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2012, 03:25:18 PM »
This problem should be fixed in next (R3) release.
That is definitely awesome guys! Good to see that this problem will be fixed in the next revision of the software. I'm a loyal fan of your antivirus system, and recommended avast! for many many people over the years. Thank you very much avast! team and keep up with the great work!

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #23 on: June 13, 2012, 12:46:50 AM »
I'm a loyal fan of your antivirus system, and recommended avast! for many many people over the years.
Thanks for spreading the word :)
The best things in life are free.

Offline PGtest

« Reply #24 on: June 17, 2012, 05:33:39 PM »
Just adding more info... WHEN is the update due..??

Currently I have problems with Medal of honor Tier 1 and Wolfenstein... both giving aswsp.sys BSOD... 2 times of 3 when starting Wolfenstein and 100% when starting Medal... (plus game gets corrupt after crash... reinstall). Disk and memory check out fine...

Have uploaded minidumps to Avast for the Wolfenstein ones... but really hard crashes on Medal of Honor...no dumps

Some added strange things!!! Turned off self-protection under troubleshooting, rebooted, checked Avast which said Self-protection is off, would you like to turn it on... Choose NO... started the game and BAM... aswSP.sys BSOD.   It is off but still hooked in... please fix this Avast....
« Last Edit: June 17, 2012, 07:02:05 PM by PGtest »