Author Topic: migrate AEA + SQL 2008 R2 Express to another server  (Read 2278 times)

sky101

migrate AEA + SQL 2008 R2 Express to another server
« on: June 08, 2012, 05:47:23 PM »
installed the new AEA on a test VM Server 2008 R2. Would like to migrate/move the avast's database and its settings to the production server which is also Server 2008 R2. Is there any procedures on how to do this? I've already looked at knowledgebase articles and searched the forum, but I didn't see anything on it yet. Please help.

dynomyte

Re: migrate AEA + SQL 2008 R2 Express to another server
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2012, 04:52:30 PM »
I switched servers with BPP about 4 months ago.  Tech support said just to install it on the new server and it will pick up all the old installs.  I followed their instructions and did a fresh console install on the server that I wanted it on and it pick up about 2/3 of the machines.  If you go into the avast EPS on the stations it does not pick up and go to settings then to troubleshooting, there is a section called avast administrative console; make sure that is set to the new server name and it should all repopulate.  That is the only way that I know.  I had to redo my settings and group setup but it wasn't too bad.