Author Topic: I will miss you.  (Read 11087 times)

Kerim

I will miss you.
« on: June 12, 2012, 03:37:43 PM »
Hi,

I have subscribed to Avast Pro since too many years. And I was always impressed by its outstanding efficacy and mainly by knowing that its creation was achieved by an independent group “Alwil” in Czech. On the other hand, I was also confused how Alwil group is able to compete almost all American groups in a software domain which is related directly and fully to Microsoft work itself.

Only now I got the answer of my dilemma. It seems that Alwil group has accepted since long (in order to survive) being a façade of a big American company while working under its direction for what to do.

Applying the American restrictions on my country Syria by Alwil recently reminded me the fact that all Europe has been submitted to America after the end of WW2 and Czech is in Europe. Even after 65 years almost all Europeans couldn’t restore their independence yet (I mean on the ground and not in speeches). For example, there is nothing wrong between Czech and Syria but this didn’t prevent a Czech company as of Avast to take rather an aggressive step towards Syrians.

Sorry but the sad news that tells me I should uninstall Avast forever reminds me the saying:
“For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?”
I am afraid that when a man has to follow others will always, so that they let him survive, he won’t differ a lot from my happy dog that got everything he likes as long he obeys me.

I am very sorry for being very sincere hence rude because I am really choked to the point I won’t be surprised if, in the near future, America will also force Czech people to join a war against Syrians (who can disobey?).

Anyway, thank you all who have contributed in Avast, for your past great services and care… I will miss you.

Kerim

Offline mikaelrask

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
Re: I will miss you.
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2012, 04:14:12 PM »
hey where do you got this information from? alwil is a czech company and not and usa one.

why would you uninstall avast for that?
Windows 8.1 amd a10-5700 64 bit
12 GB ram 1 tb hard drive. Avast 18, MBAM

Kerim

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2012, 04:23:21 PM »
Thank you for your care Mikaelrask. Unfortunately, Alwil had to stop lately all its services to certain countries including mine; Syria.
If Alwil happens being an American company, their actual sanction would be natural in my opinion but as you said it is a Czech one ;)
I hope you got the point now :)
« Last Edit: June 12, 2012, 04:25:28 PM by Kerim »

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2012, 04:45:58 PM »
Because he can't get updates as the country is on a US block list.

Whilst Avast (not Alwil) is based in Prague it also has a presence in other locations and they have to comply with the laws in those countries or it would be punished under those laws. There are lots of servers based in the US so they have to comply. Avast isn't the only anti-virus company having to comply with these regulations.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Kerim

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2012, 05:09:14 PM »
You are right David... But I am afraid this proves my early point that Europe is no more formed by independent nations/countries, even as Europeans, as it used to be before WW2; mainly its two great independent powers, France and UK, which are now history and they have to submit to USA laws exactly as you said, even if these laws are against the progress of their people and other Europeans.

Offline pk

• Avast team
  • Super Poster
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2012, 05:24:47 PM »
No, this isn't the right reason. Avast plans listing on US stock exchange and the company had to meet the requirements (same as other AV vendors, there was a list of these security companies in this forum). We had to cut off ~0.5m users (most free users) in these (~5) countries. It's a pity we don't show any explanatory statement on our website (not checked, but I think so) for our blocked users - as "basic" good manners (in the case your regime will change someday and your country won't be blocked by US anymore).

Kerim

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2012, 06:12:51 PM »
Dear pk... I agree with you and I don’t blame Avast in any way.  You have just repeated what I said earlier but, unlike I, you used modernized expressions. I guess, the ancient word “slave” is seldom used in modern writings since it is usually replaced by a modern one like “follower”.  So, you were kind in pointing out the fact “the company had to meet the requirements...” which in my simple language could be translated to “For a company outside USA to survive globally (allowed being international), it should meet the requirements imposed; as the USA rulers only see convenient”. Please don’t understand me wrong. I am not against anyone. I just like telling the facts as I see them, much like Jesus did :) But I am not perfect as Him, so I am always ready to learn from what others also see.

true indian

« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2012, 06:21:18 PM »
OT:
I know how u are feeling   :-* i guess i have had one or more same experiences very before when i discoverd avast 4.8 and was to switch to avira...but then at last my feelings for avast brought me right back to it after release of version 5 :-*
« Last Edit: June 12, 2012, 06:37:44 PM by true indian »

Offline pk

• Avast team
  • Super Poster
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2012, 06:32:35 PM »
It's interesting what you found between the lines -- the only reason why we blocked those (~5) countries is because of the company wants to be listed on US stock exchange. That's all. If one of the requirement was to stop trading with those 5 countries, then we had to accept it (I believe you see both scale pans and what won). It has nothing to do with "following", because we didn't start blocking your country just from arbitrariness.

Kerim

« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2012, 07:08:25 PM »
Dear pk... This is the point... I guess we both agree that Alwil Company didn't stop its services for Syrians (I am not sure about the other countries) because Syria works, in a way or another, against the Czech (Europe) people or government. It did it just because Europe has no more power to have its own national requirements which are best suited to its peoples. Please don’t feel sad. All other European companies are also ruled from USA ;) And many of them had great losses last year under the US pretext in applying sanctions against Syria (mainly in the oil field) though actually these sanctions were against Europe instead... but no one in Europe can complain  :-\

ninoslava

« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2012, 08:14:22 PM »
I haven't been on this forum for one year. And today I came back looking for an information and I find this interesting topic.
I only want to say that I really hope there won't be any "international intervention" in your country. I am from former Yugoslavia and I know what "international interventions" mean. Moreover, how they change people's perception of themselves, their right to exist, to hope for better, how much they affect emotional state of a being, forever.
Of course, this is when everything material stays undestroyed and when no one you love dies. So, when you "loose nothing".
As far as all of us – Slavic nations - go, we will never be strong enough to resist US and I’m afraid it is unrealistic to expect that.
I hope and pray that your country will not be bombed.

« Last Edit: June 12, 2012, 08:16:30 PM by ninoslava »

Kerim

« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2012, 08:42:59 PM »
Hi Nino... In any case, I believe that Alwil group did their best to send, by their good works, their pigeons of peace and fraternity to all over the world.

About 70 years ago, millions of people in Europe died and suffered as if Hell is on earth. And I am not better than any of them in case heroes from USA and/or Europe will have no choice but to attack and bomb us in Syria. I believe they will do it, if it is the will of my Father in Heaven in the first place.

swrain

« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2012, 08:51:48 PM »
Kerim,

I'm sorry to hear about your issue. avast! is a great piece of software and I'm saddened that you have to give it up. I am also sorry for this political dilemma. While I am an American, I can say I'm not happy with the job our government is doing. What else do you expect under a Bush or Obama administration.. Hopefully we will have a change in administration, and all this hate will go away. I wish we all could just live in peace! Try not to blame us completely though, for it's not just us causing the conflict.

« Last Edit: June 13, 2012, 09:30:15 PM by swrain »

Nesivos

« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2012, 09:23:27 PM »
Thank you for your care Mikaelrask. Unfortunately, Alwil had to stop lately all its services to certain countries including mine; Syria.
If Alwil happens being an American company, their actual sanction would be natural in my opinion but as you said it is a Czech one ;)
I hope you got the point now :)

If the services have been stopped like you say and it was done because of political reasons then you need to look at the EU to blame and not the U.S.A. 

The Czech Republic is a member of the European Union

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Czech_Republic

In May 2011, shortly following the Syrian government's violent reprisals to civilian protests in the country in 2011, the EU enacted sanctions against Syria by imposing asset freezes on designated persons, entities and bodies, and restrictions on the provision of economic resources to such persons (the then Council Regulation (EC) 442/2011).

With the situation in Syria deteriorating, the EU has significantly increased the scope of sanctions in place through the enactment of the new Council Regulation (EC) 36/2012 ("Regulation 36/2012") on 19 January 2012 (repealing and replacing Regulation 442/2011). On 15 May 2012, the EU moved to freeze the assets of additional Syrian persons and entities by bringing into force Regulation 410/2012 which amends the list of persons and entities whose assets are frozen at Annex II of Regulation 36/2012.

The range of items, categories and activities prohibited in the new Regulation 36/2012 closely resembles the prohibitions placed on Iran. (EU) Restrictions and prohibitions have been placed on the sale, transfer, brokering or financing of, among others, the following kinds of equipment, resources and technology.

http://www.mondaq.com/x/179842/Export+controls+Trade+Investment+Sanctions/Status+of+EU+Sanctions+against+Iran+Libya+and+Syria

The U.S.A. might have strong influence over the UN, Nato, IMF, World Bank etc because those are international organizations.  The EU is a European organization run by European technocrats and Germany's Merkel.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2012, 09:28:19 PM by Nesivos »

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2012, 09:57:25 PM »
Unfortunately you are incorrect as has been mentioned by pk, Reply #8 of this topic (quote below), avast is preparing to be listed in the US Stock Exchange.

It's interesting what you found between the lines -- the only reason why we blocked those (~5) countries is because of the company wants to be listed on US stock exchange. That's all. If one of the requirement was to stop trading with those 5 countries, then we had to accept it (I believe you see both scale pans and what won). It has nothing to do with "following", because we didn't start blocking your country just from arbitrariness.

I think pk made this is quite clear that it has to comply with American sanctions in order to get listed (highlighting is mine in the quote).
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security