Author Topic: I will miss you.  (Read 11134 times)

Offline polonus

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • malware fighter
Re: I will miss you.
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2012, 11:58:32 PM »
The only sorry thing about this is that other av vendors that do not feel bound by these regulations may jump in and profit from this situation.
I think that is also rather unfair. But things are as they are....
To original poster: "May the Eternal One watch over those in a dare situation there",

polonus
Cybersecurity is more of an attitude than anything else. Avast Evangelists.

Use NoScript, a limited user account and a virtual machine and be safe(r)!

Kerim

« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2012, 07:03:25 AM »
Hi swrain,

Try not to blame us completely though, for it's not just us causing the conflict.

I believe, there is no sane person in the world, not only in Syria, blaming people in America... also in Canada, Europe, Australia and Japan... etc.

This is true for the simple reason; they, as we since March 2011, are all victims under the mercy of the same powerful group (we may call them the World Elite who were able controlling the international media and isolating peoples from each other and dividing them in a way or another).

Sadly, I live now a serious doubt that Microsoft may attack my PC anytime (by its new updates for example). This helps me understand the reason for which the US System has insisted lately that my PC should be no more protected by a very good anti-virus software like AVAST.

Anyway, there was no revolution in Syria and no civil war now for the simple reason, ALL Syrians, Christians, Muslims and Jews of all sects, stand with their secular/liberal System and President since the launch of the international terror war in March 2011 against them. ALL agree that Syria will not follow the fate of Tunisia, Egypt and Libya. In other words, all Syrians refuse being ruled by the new Sharia that blesses the killing of civilians (as preached since 2001 by some terrorists, first in America then in all over the world).

I am very sorry for talking about this, but it seems that soon Syria will be attacked from outside. The terrorists who were hired from all over the world and exported to Syria while they were being supported by a huge international TV propaganda focused against us couldn't defeat yet the unified Syrian people for 16 long months so far.
Since March 2011, our national brave troops and guards are protecting us (in my city Aleppo, there are more than 5 million citizens) but if the external attacks will happen, I am sure you will miss me... Thank you in advance :)

Kerim
« Last Edit: June 14, 2012, 08:23:49 AM by Kerim »

Kerim

« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2012, 07:31:55 AM »
Dear Nesivos,

If the services have been stopped like you say and it was done because of political reasons then you need to look at the EU to blame and not the U.S.A.

You are certainly right... On the other hand, please note I am not blaming (surely not judging) any one, I just present facts and as you see your reply confirmed my point that Europe has to submit to the will of the men on power in U.S.A. (Why? God surely knows).

As you know, there is nothing wrong between Syria and any country in Europe.  Syrians, people and government, used to be always close friends with all Europeans (and Americans; in my city Aleppo, there is always a big research company in agriculture, ICARDA, that has its own American-style school). This leads us saying that EU has no choice but to follow the instructions that the men on power in US impose on the world (hence not on Europe only). But perhaps I am wrong, and if I missed any fact please be kind and help me know it. Thank you.

Kerim
« Last Edit: June 14, 2012, 08:26:47 AM by Kerim »

Kerim

« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2012, 07:50:13 AM »
Dear David,

Avast has to comply with American sanctions in order to get listed

Yes... and this is not bad or wrong... It just says that for an European company to survive, it HAS to follow, without arguing, any instrustion imposed by the actual men on power in America.
Do you see it differently?
Do you see in it any sign of European freedom, independence or democracy?

Please remember, each of us is free to follow the path that suits best his priotities in life. Submission happens being, for the majority on the globe, a very good path to survive. Therefore if submission is lived by a person or a group of people no one should blame them... It is their right to survive.

Wish you a long happy life... no matter your path is  :)

Kerim

Kerim

« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2012, 08:10:29 AM »
Hi polonus,

About using another anti-virus than Avast is surely not easy for me. Trust cannot be built in a couple of days, weeks or months if not years  ;)
Perhaps there are good anti-virus software around the world, but to me Avast is the best.

Thank you for your care and I guess all here do care as you do... Thank you all.

Since those who launched the international terror war on Syrians have continuously failed in dividing them since March 2011, they will have no choice but to attack us from outside while the world is prepared (as usual by a huge TV propaganda) to enjoy our 'real' coming massacres and not the few innocent Syrian families slaughtered lately by the foreign beasts (as they did in Algeria and elsewhere).

Anyway, I still believe that my Father in Heaven will not allow the defeat of Syria; the land of love and peace (while the international propaganda presents it as Hell on earth full of savages).

Thank you.

Kerim

Offline pk

• Avast team
  • Super Poster
« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2012, 10:48:24 AM »
So, the first imported terrorists were there from May 2011 and they started shooting opposition protesters, not troops, right? Were all these terrorists also in Egypt, Tunisia, Libya, Yemen and Bahrain? Why only in Syria 13k+ ppl died? Why Arab League, Saudi Arabia, Jordan... openly accuse the Syrian government and not terrorists? Why eye witnesses from al-Houla, Homs massacre said they saw troops who killed those ppl?

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2012, 12:12:14 PM »
Dear David,

Avast has to comply with American sanctions in order to get listed

Yes... and this is not bad or wrong... It just says that for an European company to survive, it HAS to follow, without arguing, any instrustion imposed by the actual men on power in America.
Do you see it differently?
Do you see in it any sign of European freedom, independence or democracy?
<snip>

It isn't the US imposing its rules on a European company, but as has been stated Avast! Software is in the process of being listed in the US Stock Exchange - to be able to do that they have to comply with US regulations/restrictions as any other 'American' company or other non-American companies listed in the US Stock Exchange. The problem is that there are punitive punishments for non-compliance with these regulations.

This isn't something avast want to do block anyone as they have said (in other topics on this subject) they don't want to get involved in politics.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Kerim

« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2012, 03:51:13 PM »
Dear pk,

Your question reminds me a personal story.
I had a sister 4 years older than I. When we became adults, she couldn’t understand that I am rather a spiritual person though I was brilliant in science as Math, Physics then electronics (as designer). So she used urging me to work abroad in a big Western company like most of my friends did. To her, my problem is that money and fame are my last worries while my personal freedom comes first, much like the well known saying:

“For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul”.

Naturally, I started a small private business (designing/producing electronic products for the local market) and without my knowledge she was very upset for not following her advices. And always behind my back, she tried her best fighting my progress at work in many ways with the hope I fail and do what she have proposed. In fact, I have noticed that every time I have an opportunity to advance my business, something unexpected happens and keeps things as they are.  For about 15 years, I thought that luck is just not on my side till the day she told me clearly all what she did to me.

So, I asked her, as you asked here in your post: “But Why? I did never hurt you in any way”. Her answer that I cannot forget... though another 20 years passed... was:

“Since I had the power to hurt you while you cannot have any clue against me, why should I deprive myself the joy using this power against you?”

I hope this answer your question.

Kerim

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #23 on: June 14, 2012, 04:17:05 PM »
The only question that answered was your sister needs counseling  ::), time to move on from this topic because the avast forum is not your local place to preach or discuss political matters.

Kerim

« Reply #24 on: June 14, 2012, 05:33:47 PM »
Dear David,

I try hard understanding your view.
Please forgive me while I assume an extreme case just to clarify how I personally see this situation:

IF the US regulations/restrictions said that to be listed in the US Stock Exchange, my company should bless the killing of any person called David.
Do you think I will accept that my company will be listed even if my profit may jump by a billion dollars? I can never do it.

I am not saying what Avast Software is doing is wrong. But I also believe that all who work in Alwil group wish their services have nothing to do with politics. In other words, they wish when they need applying any sanction it will be their own decision based on their own reasons. On the other hand, in real life, each member of any group of people working seriously on something cannot be free and he has to follow other’s rules. For this reason, I couldn’t be a member of any group in the world anytime in my life.

As I said in my previous post, I don’t feel there will be any reason for me to live if I lose my freedom. My freedom means I am ready to obey any rule as long it doesn’t hurt or plans to hurt others (to my knowledge). So when I was serving (military service) as officer, I was asked to join a shooting training. I refused even to hold a gun in my hand. Those who were with me were surprised and someone told me: “But this is for your good, we all know that there is an enemy ready to attack us anytime”. I replied: “But what do you mean by enemy? He continued: “He is the one imposing on you his will after proving he is stronger than you”. My reply was: “Are you telling me I have to see you as an enemy after you force me learn how to use a gun which is against my will? He and those who were listening laughed for a while then left me in peace and this was the last time I was asked to join a gun training ;) For instance, during my service I was a teacher in electronics.

Please note that here I tried just presenting who I am, not what is good or bad or what is right and wrong because, at the end, this kind of classification is a personal matter hence relative to the observer.

Kerim

Kerim

« Reply #25 on: June 14, 2012, 05:44:56 PM »
I am very sorry  "craigb" , I didn’t mean to write anything more than my OP.

I wish you said this earlier, you own this forum and you have all the right to remind me your will.
I am just a guest here.
Please forgive me.

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #26 on: June 14, 2012, 06:17:10 PM »
I am very sorry  "craigb" , I didn’t mean to write anything more than my OP.

I wish you said this earlier, you own this forum and you have all the right to remind me your will.
I am just a guest here.
Please forgive me.
I dont own the forum, im an avast user like everyone else here. Im only trying to keep people reminded that this is the avast forum and for the chit chat about non security issues not to stray to far :)

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #27 on: June 14, 2012, 06:21:10 PM »
@ Kerim
Sorry but you escalate the debate to the ridiculous, this has nothing to do with harming much less killing people. Use your own analogy, you wanted to advance and make your business a success, this is no different.

This topic is going nowhere because you aren't prepared to see the other side of the matter.

You have made your decision to move on to another AV and with that we wish you luck.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Yanto.Chiang

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • Soli Deo Gloria
    • PT Garuda Sinatriya Globalindo
« Reply #28 on: June 14, 2012, 06:58:06 PM »
Hi Kerim,

Sorry to heard that, but this matter no only happened with your country. In Indonesia itself most of israel product in e.g : CheckPoint is not easy to sell in here especially in government sector.

So this is proven that politics sometime drive the business and vice versa.

That's way Checkpoint is not very good in Indonesia, and some product which's related with politic or religion in here.

So please don't feel upset with the problem that your have recently, sometimes this things must happened to teach us.

Cheers,

Yanto Chiang | IT Security Consultants | AVAST Premium Security | GarudaSinatriya

swrain

« Reply #29 on: June 14, 2012, 07:09:17 PM »
Hi swrain,

Try not to blame us completely though, for it's not just us causing the conflict.

I believe, there is no sane person in the world, not only in Syria, blaming people in America... also in Canada, Europe, Australia and Japan... etc.

This is true for the simple reason; they, as we since March 2011, are all victims under the mercy of the same powerful group (we may call them the World Elite who were able controlling the international media and isolating peoples from each other and dividing them in a way or another).

Sadly, I live now a serious doubt that Microsoft may attack my PC anytime (by its new updates for example). This helps me understand the reason for which the US System has insisted lately that my PC should be no more protected by a very good anti-virus software like AVAST.

Anyway, there was no revolution in Syria and no civil war now for the simple reason, ALL Syrians, Christians, Muslims and Jews of all sects, stand with their secular/liberal System and President since the launch of the international terror war in March 2011 against them. ALL agree that Syria will not follow the fate of Tunisia, Egypt and Libya. In other words, all Syrians refuse being ruled by the new Sharia that blesses the killing of civilians (as preached since 2001 by some terrorists, first in America then in all over the world).

I am very sorry for talking about this, but it seems that soon Syria will be attacked from outside. The terrorists who were hired from all over the world and exported to Syria while they were being supported by a huge international TV propaganda focused against us couldn't defeat yet the unified Syrian people for 16 long months so far.
Since March 2011, our national brave troops and guards are protecting us (in my city Aleppo, there are more than 5 million citizens) but if the external attacks will happen, I am sure you will miss me... Thank you in advance :)

Kerim

I cannot even imagine how you are living right now. It must be terrible to be in constant fear of attack. I'm very sorry for that, Kerim.