Author Topic: What to do when scan has find zillions of items locked  (Read 1541 times)

hatespyware2

What to do when scan has find zillions of items locked
« on: June 13, 2012, 02:22:59 AM »
I downloaded avast and looooove the program. But I have ran a scan twice and it has found zillions of things on the C and D drive that is locked and where not scanned. My computer is verrrry slow bringing up web pages and somtimes takes 5 minutes or longer to open. Can someone please help me!  Most of the items found where on c:\system volume information and D:\i386\apps.  When i go to the scan logs it is no way for me to copy and pase what all is posted in the scan. I also can't delete, move to chest or anything. It want let me apply anything in the scan! Please help! Computer is going crazy....

marc-d-l

Re: What to do when scan has find zillions of items locked
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2012, 05:03:55 AM »
What are you using? XP, vista,Window 7 What do you have on whatever your using?
Have you tried a boot scan ?

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
Re: What to do when scan has find zillions of items locked
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2012, 10:27:36 AM »
Avast is a antivirus program.....so the only files of interest that avast will take action on are infected files

Files that can not be scanned are just that...no more no less......it does not mean they are infected
Avast is just giving you a scan error report.....and the reason why

If you think you are infected, there is a guide here to follow
http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=53253.0

Create a topic in the virus an worms section, explain your problem, attach the logs requested and help will arrive