Author Topic: Avast in newspaper...  (Read 6401 times)

sandman_qc

Avast in newspaper...
« on: December 29, 2004, 06:21:10 PM »
Hi!  First time poster here.  Been using Avast for more than a year now and let me just say it's the B.E.S.T. AV out there bar none.  I installed it on over a dozen computers so far (family and friends) and everybody is very happy with it.  I switched from AVG to AVAST because AVG was unable to delete a virus I got a while back.  AVAST didn't have any problems getting rid of the thing.  I'm officially an AVAST fan boy since then.

Anyway, I had to do an interview last week in a newspaper in my area for something I'm organizing.  The journalist I spoke too is also the tech guy of that newspaper.  I told him about AVAST Home and all its greatness...  Anyway, the story was publish today with a GREAT review of AVAST, and how the registration is simple with no strings attached, etc....  The newspaper in question is a regional one that is read by a LOT of people.  So, there you go...

Btw, it's french canadian newspaper...
« Last Edit: December 29, 2004, 06:22:10 PM by sandman_qc »

S.Z.Craftec

Re:Avast in newspaper...
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2004, 09:59:14 PM »
So we are talking about Quebec  ;D

That's great, spreading good words about avast! It means a lot to avast! users, forum members and of course our beloved programmers Alwil Software.

Just one small remark... abandoning AVG just because it was unable to clean one virus is not the best idea. Same thing will happen if avast! is unable to find and/or clean some virus in the future ? It may be that it's just temporary, or virus definitions weren't updated at that point... it could be million of reasons. The truth is, AVG is good antivirus, not even close to avast! though, but it's pretty good one.

No one has free 24/7 forum support, e-mail and phone support, even for freeware version... but avast! has it all. Best of all, we all are friends in these forums, so all I can say...

Good work promoting avast! here in Canada, and WELCOME to the best forum in the world.

Cheers !

sandman_qc

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2004, 10:04:21 PM »
So we are talking about Quebec  ;D

Yep!  Strangest thing tho!  The same day, another newspaper (Journal de Montréal, wich is provincial) has a great review of AVAST as well....  Talk about coincidence...

Oh!  And thx for the warm welcome...

neal62

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2004, 10:28:12 PM »
Welcome Sandman, thanks for sharing your experiences. ;D

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2004, 11:23:18 PM »
So we are talking about Quebec
Neah... Can't be. I think he means the country Celine Dion is comming from, but she now lives in my country ;D ;D ;D
« Last Edit: December 29, 2004, 11:23:41 PM by Eddy »

sandman_qc

« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2004, 11:41:34 PM »
So we are talking about Quebec
Neah... Can't be. I think he means the country Celine Dion is comming from, but she now lives in my country ;D ;D ;D

Céline who?  :P

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2004, 11:49:41 PM »
Celine Dion, proud of Canada !!! Best voice ever !  ;)

I think, Quebecans don't like her because she sings in English too...  ;)

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2004, 11:53:14 PM »
I think, Quebecans don't like her because she sings in English too
Sounds like Belgium. One country, two languages. People who speak language 1 can't stand those who speak 2 and the other way around. Such a small country and only major problems because they both refuse to accept/speak another language :(

More info on this singer/songwriter (Yes she also has written and composed songs!) http://www.celinedion.com/

I've met here 6(?) times in person and have talked to/with here. A very modest woman, honest and open. At least that is my experience.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2004, 11:58:32 PM by Eddy »

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2004, 12:18:02 AM »
Yes, languages should never make any borders. Different languages should just connect people even more. I like all living creatures walking, swimming or crawling this earth... doesn't matter what first or last name they have, regardless of their skin color or religion. Everyone who is OK, is OK...

Celine rules, that's for sure... sad thing is, I still think she is not quite enough recognized in the world as she deserved to be recognized.

My wife cries when she hears every single Celine's song... she can't believe how great singer she is... I can !  ;D

sandman_qc

« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2004, 01:25:49 AM »
Don't get me wrong...  I don't "hate" Celine Dion.  Her musical genre is not my cup of tea, that's all.  As for the language thing, it doesn't bother me at all.  I speak both english and french so...

Oh!  And Céline is loved by a whole lot of quebecers as well...
« Last Edit: December 30, 2004, 01:26:49 AM by sandman_qc »