Author Topic: avast problem with opening files  (Read 1873 times)

gunnadoo2

avast problem with opening files
« on: June 13, 2012, 05:54:53 AM »
Hi I have tried to download off of a CD off a friend on my desk top  ,who I know scrutinizes all his messages with an antivirus program ,every time ,but when I want look at  it ,avast sends it to the "sandbox" ,and I cannot view it!!. I have put the CD into my laptop , and I have no problem downloading it, with no trouble with avast, there must be something ,that I can tweak in avast, as I have avast free on both computers , thanks to any one that can help me with this problem, Regards

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
Re: avast problem with opening files
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2012, 06:49:58 AM »
If the sandbox is stopping you then there should be an option to open normally in the popup, if not you may have already told to program to open in sandbox so you'll have to go into the sandbox and remove the exclusion and re run the CD.

gunnadoo2

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2012, 06:29:43 AM »
Thanks I will try that ,but I cannot under stand ,why it does that, do I have lower the risk of cover??

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2012, 07:46:04 AM »
Thanks I will try that ,but I cannot under stand ,why it does that, do I have lower the risk of cover??
Default settings are usually the best, there is a new version of avast coming soon that i believe will smarten the decision making in the sandbox.