Author Topic: Please help  (Read 4615 times)

Neron

Please help
« on: December 30, 2004, 11:34:08 AM »
My processor is only 633Mh so i want to reduce some of the providers that i really don't need but i'm not sure which exactly so i want to ask.
I never use E-mail like Outlook and Outlook express.I use only Internet mail (www.abv.bg).It's just like yahoo.com.So can i turn off this provider.(In details there is a message that the provider i waiting for a sybsystem to start.In this state is there any difference if i shut it down.(I don't want this provider to consume any ram if i don't need it.
I don't know exactly what the "internet mail"provider is doing but if i can i want to shut it down too.(only if i really don't need it)
And about the P2P shield, when i click on details..I don't use any of the programs there.Or i really don't know if i'm using them.
Thank you.

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re:Please help
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2004, 11:37:02 AM »
I never use E-mail like Outlook and Outlook express
In that case you can remove (control panel > add/remove > Avast > change/repair) the internet mail provider and the outlook/exchange one.

The same goes for the p2p provider. If you don't use any of the listed p2p applications, it is safe to remove.

GYL

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2004, 11:37:02 AM »
Hi Neron i don't think you ask the question in the good place

Neron

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2004, 11:58:25 AM »
Can't i just terminate them(but i don't want them to load after restart) or this is the only way to stop them permamently

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2004, 12:03:05 PM »
Why load something when you don't use it? ;)

Neron

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2004, 12:13:15 PM »
Well i don't want to remove the provider,but only don't want load it becouse it consumes smoe ram and processor time.
If i click on terminate i think that this provider will not be loaded even on next startup and will not consume any resources.Am i not right.If so there is no need to remove it.I have enough space on my HDD
So to stop these providers consuming resources i must only terminate them or remove them(removing is the last option for me)
Cheers!
AND THANKS FOR THE HELP!

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2004, 02:54:40 PM »
You have been given the best answer (twice), remove elements that you don't use. I only use three of the providers, the rest are removed.

If you subsequently find that you need one of the removed providers, say p2p, then you can reverse the process.

It's your computer, of course you decide what to do with it, we only offered suggestions, but why ask a question that you have already have your own answer?

Yes terminating them will stop them running, but it won't stop them being present in the list of on-access scanners.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2004, 03:02:37 PM by DavidR »
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Neron

« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2004, 03:58:54 PM »
Yes i understand that.Thank you all about the information.I never wanted to remove them.I just wanted to reduce the consumation of resources.
Thanks again

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2004, 04:16:43 PM »
If you don't remove them, they are still loaded. (Enabled/disabled doesn't change that) Therefor they still take up some resources.

You said:
I don't want this provider to consume any ram if i don't need it.
So removing the not used provider(s) is your only choice.

Neron

« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2004, 04:26:11 PM »
OK