Author Topic: I RENEWED THE PACKAGE BUT EXPIRY DATE STAYS THE SAME  (Read 1450 times)

Mike Avast

I RENEWED THE PACKAGE BUT EXPIRY DATE STAYS THE SAME
« on: June 19, 2012, 12:18:42 PM »
Hello,

I believe I have some technical problems with AVAST (FREE) package I’ve been using, following the FREE renewal I’ve just implemented today.

I’d been warned by AVAST that my free package would be expired in about two weeks, so finally today I renewed it (free), as well as giving it a special try for the premium free trial.

The problem -- after I restarted it (properly) --  is, now that I believe I did properly renew the free package, for some reason AVAST doesn’t pop up and warn me about the need to renew anymore (which makes sense); BUT when I did check up my Summary, my expiration date stays the same as if I hadn’t already renewed. . . .And then there’s also some additional info - - Running in Trial Mode: Your protection against […] will expire in 19 days (with the purchase a license now link).

My question:

1) Am I required to repeat the whole process of FREE renewal AGAIN?
2) If yes, how? (I couldn’t find the Free renewal link anymore; and there’s a pop-up reminder no more, which is somewhat confusing considering the dilemma and that which one is true.)
3) Do I need to undo the (premium) trial running mode or something? If yes, how?

[I’d like to make sure that my free protection will continue after the said expiry date.]
[My virus def protection is updated; my program version X.X.1X26] [X=censored in case of sensitive info.]

Thanks in advance for correct information.

Mike Avast