Author Topic: Phishing attribution to good email  (Read 1975 times)

Offline yelsewm

Phishing attribution to good email
« on: June 20, 2012, 02:46:59 AM »
Recently avast has started adding ***PHISHING*** to good (and important) emails and sending them to my junk folder.  I have disabled the box in Additional Protection > Antispam > Expert Settings dialogue.  Any other ideas on how to get this to stop?

Chris Appleyard

Re: Phishing attribution to good email
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2012, 01:49:49 PM »
Hello, First change your Profile name because it is your EMAIL and anyone looking though this could send you nasty things and secondly you shouldn't really turn off any of Avast's modules because they protect you from nasty things like malware or phishing. (The only way to stop the resident shields are to right click the icon on your task bar and to disable everything, or even check what level of protection it is giving you on the mail.
Thanks.
Chris A

« Last Edit: June 20, 2012, 01:51:40 PM by ¢няιѕ αρρℓєуαя∂ »

Offline yelsewm

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2012, 08:09:21 PM »
Chis, pardon my ignorance, but I don't see how this will stop the attribution of ***PHISHING*** to good email.  Can you help me understand.

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2012, 09:00:03 PM »
Whilst I don't see anything specific in the avast! Program Help of the anti-spam module about PHISHING. But I wonder if this is from the same sender if by white listing that address perhaps it will prevent it being flagged.

Are you able to whitelist the sender in the anti-spam module.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security