Author Topic: Avast 7 is deleting important PunkBuster Files so it can't run!!!  (Read 19365 times)

lee5768

Re: Avast 7 is deleting important PunkBuster Files so it can't run!!!
« Reply #30 on: June 22, 2012, 01:34:31 AM »
also getting punkbuster issues from from avast today

I have removed Avast for now and will try another AV

DADthechef

« Reply #31 on: June 22, 2012, 09:01:51 AM »
I hate to appear thick (wont be for the first time) but where are the "real time shields"?

I cant seem to find them!!!

Come on Avast, get this sorted, it has to be a simple fix!!!!

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #32 on: June 22, 2012, 12:15:12 PM »
I hate to appear thick (wont be for the first time) but where are the "real time shields"?

I cant seem to find them!!!
<snip>

Not too hard to find, just open the avastUI (click on the avast! tray icon) Real-Time Shields, then click the Expert Settings button, Exclusions.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline polonus

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • malware fighter
« Reply #33 on: June 22, 2012, 01:01:17 PM »
The FP is due to the nature of the Punkbuster program. There were previous avast FP for Punkbuster, detecting it as Win32.Rootkit.gen[Rtk]. That was back in 2008, so the developers may have forgotten about that incident.
Gamers should know the average av solution can come up with these FPs once in a while with generic detection and report these FPs en masse. Developers should be aware too, but the occasional FP may slip through, as was the case here,

polonus
Cybersecurity is more of an attitude than anything else. Avast Evangelists.

Use NoScript, a limited user account and a virtual machine and be safe(r)!

Ghostie

« Reply #34 on: June 23, 2012, 03:06:44 AM »
so was the newest update supposed to fix it? cause mine is up to date but still getting kicked  :'(

Want2playBF3

« Reply #35 on: June 23, 2012, 04:46:07 AM »
so was the newest update supposed to fix it? cause mine is up to date but still getting kicked  :'(

Did someone say they were going to fix it?  If they didn't, I'd guess "no."  I'd also guess that because it's friday night, we're waiting until -at least- monday before they look--if then.

...if it's free, you're not a customer, you're an advertising channel, and not a very important one, right Avast?

Dudes--you're pissing off thousands of people at least, there will be an impact downstream, and the longer you wait to notice you're doing it, the bigger the impact will be.  Like others have already posted, seriously considering uninstalling Avast, as nothing else seems to work.

Hello? Bueller? Anyone?