Author Topic: Avast not auto updating behind squid proxy  (Read 4544 times)

shashiku

Avast not auto updating behind squid proxy
« on: June 22, 2012, 07:15:18 AM »
Dear All,

Im using the latest version of Avast free antivirus and it fails to auto update behind the squid proxy. If i update it manually it works. There is no restriction from the squid server to block avast. Since the manual update works im confused as to what the reason behind this. Please help me.

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
Re: Avast not auto updating behind squid proxy
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2012, 07:24:05 AM »
Since the manual update works im confused as to what the reason behind this.
avast will check for updates after boot...when it detect internet connection......can this be it...that it dont see the connection?

see screenshot #54   for proxy settings....at the bottom of the picture
http://www.softpedia.com/progScreenshots/Avast-Home-Edition-Screenshot-6474.html
« Last Edit: June 22, 2012, 07:50:20 AM by Pondus »

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Avast not auto updating behind squid proxy
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2012, 12:31:35 PM »
You either need to enter the Squid Proxy settings in the avastUI, Settings, Updates, Proxy Settings, Specify proxy server and input any authentication settings (see image, click to expand).

My guess is that it is on the default setting, Auto detect (use Internet Explorer settings), if so you would need to have the Squid Proxy settings in IE:
If you have them setup in IE then for some reason avast is unable to access them in IE.
If not you would either need to set IE to use Squid Proxy or (my preferred option) to manually set the Squid Proxy settings in the avast update settings.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security