Author Topic: About a Issue including the network browser sandbox I guess...  (Read 2138 times)

sev7nx

About a Issue including the network browser sandbox I guess...
« on: October 23, 2011, 03:38:10 PM »
I'm not sure of what is going on so I decided to post my problem here in the forum. In some how, since last week, every time I log into my account on my computer, that network browser is open in full screen mode automatically and I can't see nothing because of it. The big problem is that I can't even close this window or get this close with the task manager (ctrl+alt+del). So I log off and log in (I have windows 7. Thank god I can log off at least.. If you guys have 7, u know what I'm talkin about...). Anyway. I keep doing that and after so many tries, I can finaly log in "normaly", coss a minimized window of this network thing keep still opened. And freezed.. So I just click in, so I can finish the program. But I don't find the process or any of it in the task manager :/ I tried hard to take a look in the avast configs too, but didn't find crap ._.

I'm trying to unninstall and reinstall, lets see if that work. Somewhat please, guys, help )): ???
« Last Edit: October 23, 2011, 03:44:31 PM by sev7nx »

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: About a Issue including the network browser sandbox I guess...
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2011, 06:30:26 PM »
I suggest an installation from scratch:

1. Download the latest version of avast! Uninstall Utility and save it.
2. Download the latest avast! version and save it.
3. Uninstall avast from Control Panel (if possible). If, for any reason, you can't run it, try booting in Safe Mode and doing it from there. Anyway, boot after that.
4. Run the avast! Uninstall Utility saved on 1. If, for any reason, you can't run it, try booting in Safe Mode and doing it from there. Anyway, boot after you've run it.
5. Install avast! using the setup saved on 2. Boot.
6. Register your free copy or add the license key for Pro. Or even upgrade your key from old versions.
7. Check and post the results. If, for any reason, you did not solve, try doing the step 3 in Safe Mode anyway.
The best things in life are free.

sev7nx

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2011, 08:49:09 PM »
I just reinstalled as I said and now its just working fine again :) Thanks for the help! :D

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2011, 01:26:43 AM »
You're welcome. Feel free to come back any time you need help or just to change experiences 8)
The best things in life are free.