Author Topic: Subscription always dates from renewal rather than expiry - this is not right!  (Read 1422 times)

Jim_N

I am basically happy with Avast, but for the last three years I have renewed on their reminder that my subscription is about to expire in a month's time. I have always assumed that the subscription would renew from the date of expiry and not checked, but when I look at my licences now then I can see that they have gradually advanced. In effect, for a month or so I have been double protected - a complete waste of money.
Will Avast fix this for me!

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
The renewal of your license should correspond to your expiry date, when the renewal is done through the avast user interface. If it didn't then you can contact sales for correction.

There is an on-line contact form, http://www.avast.com/contact-form.php?loadStyles :  Use the  Sales inquiries option. Give as much information as you can, current/previous expiry date, renewal date, receipt/invoice number, email address used when renewing and new expiry date.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Jim_N

Thanks, I have just done that and will no doubt hear back soon

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
You're welcome.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security