Author Topic: Internet connection problems after installation of Avast 4 Professional Edition  (Read 3086 times)

MFISSRAH

I have been using Avast 4 Professional for the free trial period without any problems.  I have now taken out a subscription and installed the permanent version according to instructions.  When I tried to access the Net via Mozilla Firefox, I got no response at all: it simply wouldn't open.  When I used Internet Explorer, I got access to some sites, but not to my email.  When I opened Internet Explorer, a box appeared saying 'Avast Professional Script Blocker'.  When I closed the connection, another box appeared saying there had been an error and the connection would close.  In the case of my email, this box appeared before I could access my messages.

I have tried going into the Avast menu and clicking on 'Suspend service', then on 'Script blockage'.  I still cannot use Mozilla Firefox.  With Internet Explorer I do now have access to emails, but when I close the connection to emails or to other sites, I still get the error box, so things are not yet right even there.  Also I suspect that the suspension of script blockage may have removed the very protection I have paid for.  Can you please advise me what to do?

azism

I am using Avast Pro 4.8 and am experiencing the very same problem. What's the answer to this?   ???

Gizmo555

turn off the splash screen for the script blocker

fixed it with mine

cheers

Mark

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Sorry, but the splash screen is cosmetic the underlying provider would still be running, so I don't see how that could fix anything.

Check out this post and topic, http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=51368.msg434847#msg434847
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Gizmo555

Splash screen might be cosmetic but switching it off fixes my problem 100%
Maybe a timing related issue ?