Author Topic: Trojano-482 found in kmj.exe  (Read 5864 times)

Totenmaske

Trojano-482 found in kmj.exe
« on: October 08, 2004, 08:40:03 PM »
With the recent iAVS update today (10/08/04) one of the programs I have used for a few months has suddenly been detected as being infected with the Trojano-482 Trojan.  Alarmed of course, I did a full boot scan, not finding any other instances of this issue, but it seems the actual kmj.exe file is being falsely identified as a trojan.  The file belongs to Kyodai Mahjongg (www.kyodai.com).  Upon further investigation, it seems that the beta 20.00 of the program that is on the website will be constantly picked up as being infected with Trojano-482 when you go to install the game.  The previous version 19.99 installs fine with no issues with avast detecting the same kmj.exe of being infected.  The thing is I updated awhile ago to version 20.00 and I had no issues with my computer, so I believe this is a false positive on avasts part with the latest iAVS update.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re:Trojano-482 found in kmj.exe
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2004, 09:54:11 PM »
Hi, welcome to the forums.

If you are getting a virus warning that you believe is a false positive, then if you can zip

and password protect ('virus', will do) the suspect file and send it to virus @ avast.com (no

spaces).

Give a brief outline of the problem, the fact that you believe it to be a false positive and

include the password in the body of the email. Some info on the avast version and VPS number

(see about avast {right click avast icon}) will also help.

You could also check the offending/suspect file at: Jotti - Multi engine on-line virus

scanner www.virusscan.jotti.dhs.org if any

other scanners here detect them it is less likely to be a false positive.

HTH David
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

techie101

Re:Trojano-482 found in kmj.exe
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2004, 07:30:43 PM »
Toten,

After you have determined  kmj.exe is not harmful, go into the Avast On Line Scanner and enter the file into the exceptions list.  Include the full pathway to the exe file.

Avast will bypass the file on any future scans.

Good luck.