Author Topic: bankfraud-bbe  (Read 49999 times)

Getdownonit

bankfraud-bbe
« on: April 27, 2013, 08:42:44 PM »
Hi all,

I am running a win7 pc with IE 10 and get a Trojan blocked when trying to access anything on paypal's website. The virus is HTML:Bankfraud-BBE[Trj] and is sent to the chest automatically. I googled it and not much out there on it, searched these forums and not much here either. I ran a full system scan and boot scan, nothing found. Ran malware bytes and spybot and nothing found. Any ideas on what to do next or where to look for more help?

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
Re: bankfraud-bbe
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2013, 08:48:24 PM »
could you attach a screenshot of the avast warning?

Getdownonit

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2013, 08:54:09 PM »
Here it is, thanks for a reply.

ginsamom

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2013, 08:59:43 PM »
I am getting this as well! I called PP and the lady I spoke to had no  idea what I was talking about and told me that my IP was not compromised and no one was trying to make purchases from my account. Shes clueless!

LVQuilter

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2013, 09:09:15 PM »
I am getting the same thing.  I did a boot scan, and it found it, I put it in the Chest.  I am going to do another boot scan and delete it to see if that kills it.

What a way to start a day I had planned have a quiet day

LVQuilter

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2013, 09:11:49 PM »
In addition, I tried to renew my AVAST through PP and it gave me the same thing.  I sent in a ticket but do not know how long it takes them to respond.

Parabelle

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2013, 09:12:34 PM »
Exact same thing happened to moe today! I tried 2 different computers. The first one I didn't get the detection until I went to print invoices, all of which printed blank.  So I went to a different computer and this time Avast detected it as soon as I went to Paypal I didn't even long in. I called Paypal also and they said she was going to send it to the fraud department. But I think we all know how quickly stuff gets done around there. Hope accounts aren't gettting hacked!!!

Parabelle

« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2013, 09:14:49 PM »
I am pretty sure it is a virus on there end!

RJCook

« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2013, 09:17:21 PM »
Im getting same thing and paypal assures me thatthere is no problem. Any one know how to solve this or get some help. Is this a false positive from a recent avast update?

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2013, 09:18:03 PM »
@ Getdownonit

hmmm...the Object / URL on the avast warning does not say anything about paypal.com   ?
« Last Edit: April 27, 2013, 09:19:48 PM by Pondus »

Parabelle

« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2013, 09:20:17 PM »
Okay just called paypal again and they said that it is a false positive and that it's Avast that is blocking them and they will be contacting them to let them know!
« Last Edit: April 27, 2013, 09:35:45 PM by Parabelle »

Johnny4745

« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2013, 09:23:15 PM »
I don't use Paypal, but I went there an checked it out using Firefox, and I didn't get the Popup from Avast.

Getdownonit

« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2013, 09:25:13 PM »
Correct it does not say anything about paypal's site but that's the only place it pops up from. Seems it might be a script that is run from their web interface. I originally was buying something from another web site when I got the first block, then I went to paypal directly and it was being blocked on every link I clicked on.

Parabelle

« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2013, 09:30:29 PM »
I don't use Paypal, but I went there an checked it out using Firefox, and I didn't get the Popup from Avast.

You're are right I just tried it with Firefox and it doesn't detect it.

ginsamom

« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2013, 09:31:25 PM »
at first it only blocked me after I logged in. I immediately logged out and now, every page I go to, it pops up.