Author Topic: Announcement: avast! Mobile Beta Test  (Read 140924 times)

reinhardholzner

Announcement: avast! Mobile Beta Test
« on: July 30, 2013, 02:41:10 PM »
Ladies and gentlemen,

It is time! Our new version 3 releases of avast! Mobile Security, avast! Anti-Theft and our initial version 1 release of the new product avast! Backup go out of our top-secret high security labs and take peek into the world.

But we'll not give it to millions of people without having a few early-adopters look at what we did and tell us it's OK to go so we hereby announce our avast! Mobile Beta test. The Beta test just started and will run for a full week. It will hopefully give us valuable feedback that we can incorporate into our product before going public officially.

Note that this release also incorporates a premium line on top of our free offering. DON'T PANIC - Rest assured, everything that WAS free WILL STAY FREE!. Everything that is premium, is NEW features!

Here is what comes up:

avast! Mobile Security
  • Some UI rework: simple new dashboard
  • App Locking: Protect applications by password (premium)
  • Ad Detector or the Advanced Privacy Advisor: Scan applications for presence of the most common ad networks giving you insight into what type of information is gathered (premium)

avast! Anti-Theft
  • Advanced Web Features
    • Take pictures (premium)
    • Record audio (premium)
    • Collect contacts, call log and SMS (premium)
    • Send SMS from your phone (premium)
  • Geofencing: Automatically detect and act accordingly if your device moves out of a defined region (e.g. while you are in a bar) (premium)

avast! Mobile Backup
  • Back up contacts, call logs, SMS (free)
  • Back up images (free)
  • Back up audio files (premium)
  • Back up video files (premium)
  • Back up apps (premium)
  • Back up app settings (rooted devices only) (premium)

How to join the Beta test
  • Sign up to the Google Plus community here: https://plus.google.com/communities/112394513906169233317.
  • Click all the product links to the right and sign up as tester for our Beta program
  • After a while, you'll see upgrades to avast! Mobile Security and avast! Anti-Theft in the Google Play Store. Also, you'll see a new product, avast! Backup which you can install from Google Play.
    !! Note that avast! Anti-Theft Advanced users (users who installed from our servers instead from Google Play) will need to send their IMEI to holzner@avast.com to get their Anti-Theft client upgraded to the Beta version !!
  • In order to get your free premium test license, open any of our apps and click on "Go Premium" button
  • Click on "Voucher" button to the top right of the screen
  • Enter AVASTBETATEST as voucher code
  • Get your free beta test license which will be valid until end of August
  • Deliver your feedback to this forum

We are looking forward to your feedback and are really happy to have you as our testers!
With best regards

the avast! Mobile Development team
« Last Edit: August 08, 2013, 11:24:04 AM by reinhardholzner »

reinhardholzner

Re: Announcement: avast! Mobile Beta Test
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2013, 05:27:47 PM »
avast! Mobile Beta has now started! HURRAY! :-) Please note that my initial post in this thread has changed to reflect new situation, please read it.

kevpan815

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2013, 10:13:49 PM »
Downloaded and Installed from the Google Play Store, so far my only issue is that Avast Anti-Theft 3.0 BETA will NOT install in ROOT Mode.

reinhardholzner

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2013, 11:29:05 PM »
As stated above for Advanced Anti Theft Beta send me your IMEI to holzner@avast.com

bbroecker

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2013, 01:51:49 AM »
I've just entered the public beta, and successfully downloaded all three components. Both AV and anti-theft installed without an issue, with root privileges. I can not, however, get backup to initialize. When asked to 'set up Google Drive' I tap that button, select my account and tap OK after which a permissions box pops titled 'Sign in to avast!Backup with Google. I tap OK and, after about three seconds of 'connecting', it comes back to the previous permissions screen. All I can do is back out and cancel, it will not proceed beyond this point.

I have an original Droid Razr with the stock android install and root. I have two factor aith enabled on my google account and this is a google apps account.

kevpan815

« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2013, 02:34:46 AM »
As stated above for Advanced Anti Theft Beta send me your IMEI to holzner@avast.com

OK, I think I will just stick with the standard install then as I already have it installed and am eager to start trying it out without having to send my IMEI through the Public E-mail System.

kevpan815

« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2013, 03:10:43 AM »
I've just entered the public beta, and successfully downloaded all three components. Both AV and anti-theft installed without an issue, with root privileges. I can not, however, get backup to initialize. When asked to 'set up Google Drive' I tap that button, select my account and tap OK after which a permissions box pops titled 'Sign in to avast!Backup with Google. I tap OK and, after about three seconds of 'connecting', it comes back to the previous permissions screen. All I can do is back out and cancel, it will not proceed beyond this point.

I have an original Droid Razr with the stock android install and root. I have two factor aith enabled on my google account and this is a google apps account.
Welcome aboard (I notice its your first post here)! I have a Samsung Galaxy S4 (yes I just bought it a couple of months ago) which has stock recovery, stock firmware (Android 4.2.2) and is Rooted. I used C.F. Auto Root.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2013, 03:36:09 AM »
I’m not being able to pass the get beta test button… AMS is crashing and returning to PIN and then the first page (free x premium).
The best things in life are free.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2013, 04:18:00 AM »
I’m not being able to pass the get beta test button… AMS is crashing and returning to PIN and then the first page (free x premium).
It passed alone to the beta... I don't know what happened but I suspect it was the update in the Google Play servers.
The best things in life are free.

Offline patrice58

• Advanced Poster
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2013, 05:22:16 AM »

Likewise I can't enter the code that is being asked for because of the above fault.
Vista Home Premium 32 bit (user account) CISC 4.1.150349.920 + CAV (On Access) + Sandbox,V-Engine 2.7.0.37, SpywareBlaster 4.3, SAS (free), a-squared (free) MBAM (free) Finjan Secure Browsing, Windows Defender (scanner only), Zemana AntiLogger 1.9.2.206,

Offline patrice58

• Advanced Poster
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2013, 05:28:51 AM »
It force closes for everything! I can't use the program at all. All attempts to open avast beta ends in shutdown. Odd. It's not running on my phone at all.
Vista Home Premium 32 bit (user account) CISC 4.1.150349.920 + CAV (On Access) + Sandbox,V-Engine 2.7.0.37, SpywareBlaster 4.3, SAS (free), a-squared (free) MBAM (free) Finjan Secure Browsing, Windows Defender (scanner only), Zemana AntiLogger 1.9.2.206,

kevpan815

« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2013, 05:48:49 AM »
That's weird, I am NOT yet having any problems with it crashing. Are you guys trying to use a NON-Google id?

I should note that I used my gmail.com domain e-mail address and it worked just fine.

Offline Filip Havlicek

• Massive Poster
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2013, 07:39:36 AM »
It force closes for everything! I can't use the program at all. All attempts to open avast beta ends in shutdown. Odd. It's not running on my phone at all.

I don't see any bigger number of crashes on my side. If you updated, maybe try to reinstall the whole thing from scratch?

Filip

TheUntouchable

« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2013, 09:16:29 AM »
No problems here while installing. Everything seems to work. The only problem i have is that the "new" features of theft aware like taking photos are missing, but i thing thats because avast doesnt have my imei yet :)

Zen11t

« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2013, 09:30:38 AM »
First thank you for the public beta test.

I want to report a bug and some suggestion.

1. Bug: in the avast Backup when I tap to button to run backup it's failed and get an error message: a general backup error occurred (reason unknown). I set everything ok, and the wifi is on.

2. in the avast Security: the green premium button too big so the 'm' is started a new line and its ugly.

3. a log feature will be great in Backup then in Security

4. in Backup: please add  notification icon (grayscale) settings because i like this skin