Author Topic: my.Avast doesn't send commands (Mobile PREMIUM) when in mobile internet  (Read 2217 times)

fnandob

Hi

After a few years using the Mobile Security, I purchased de Premium version, but the service becomes worst. Trying to access the commands from my.Avast, when my phone is accessing internet by mobile access (3G), I get surprised because they simply don't work! The message: "command expired". Why? I can't locate, or block, I can't do anything! When using WIFI, it works. Could you help me? My phone is a Galaxy S3, rooted. Thanks. Fernando.

Offline Werner

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
Re: my.Avast doesn't send commands (Mobile PREMIUM) when in mobile internet
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2013, 10:45:12 AM »
Hello,
I suppose you already  executed "Fix connection problems" in Anti-Theft -> avast! Account
further diagnosis on my end is hardly possible without direct access to the device.

But - I have some hints for you:
- disconnect from the online account and reconnect from within Anti-Theft (Anti-Theft -> avast! Account)
- try to connect through different internet connections (other WiFi's for example)
- make sure you have the latest Version of avast! Mobile Security and Anti-Theft installed.
- if you can't manage to connect  to the online account it's not /that/ bad. In case of emergency - when the phone gets lost - I would recommend using SMS commands anyway. They are much more reliable and work even without internet access.

SMS commands and how to use them are explained in our manual:
http://files.avast.com/files/documentation/mobile-security-user-guide-en.pdf
give it a try - it's short and easy to understand.

I also experience some commands not going through on my private device. If I try a day or an hour later - it works. The problem isn't on your, or our side.
It's Google Cloud to Device Messaging - a service provided by google that we use to communicate with the installation.
Sometimes the command messages don't make it to the device and the command just times out. Or the command message arrives at the device, the command is executed - but the return message (confirming the reception) doesn't arrive at the server.
It's actually a google problem - we can hardly improve this.

regards,
Werner