Other > Avast 4 for PDA
updates?
<< < (2/2)
lithi0m:
Just another person annoyed with Avast! 4.1.10 PDA updating via ActiveSync.
Avast! 4.1.10 is installed on two separate PDA's. One is a ol' skull HP Jornada 540, and one is a nifty new iPaq hx4705. I have attempted updating ActiveSync to new version 3.8.0 figuring that this error would be on Microsoft's end. But the error remains. Upon forcing an update I have a "Can't establish connection, ping failed." I would understand the error on the Jornada, as there is no network interface, but on the iPaq as well?

I see that I am not alone in this, and I can also see that this issues seems to be unresolved. Should I be a squeaky wheel and post every day (or sooner) to get attention?

a preemptive thanX for any help provided.
zmaint:
Any word on this??
pk:
lithi0m: did you use the same version for both devices ? WinCE.NET 4.x version is for iPaq, but your Jornada 540 has PocketPC 2000 OS and SH3 processor (http://files.avast.com/files/pda/ppc_sh3/avast4ppc_sh3_setup.exe).

update: i'll look what could be wrong in code and i'd let you know here (during this day)
zmaint:
So what  did you find? 

Will a tray icon be added to future versions so the user will know Avast is actually running?

Will update notifications also be added??

zmaint:
Knock, knock anybody home??
Navigation
Message Index
Previous page

Go to full version