Author Topic: How to unblock a url Avast thinks is malicious  (Read 3707 times)

Offline Wyld1USA

• Personal Message (Offline)
How to unblock a url Avast thinks is malicious
« on: November 10, 2010, 02:35:55 AM »
I need to allow a URL that AVAST thinks is malicious. I know the URL and it is part of a video game that loads a cheat protection. I can't find where I can allow it or even put it on an exclusion list. How do I allow this??
« Last Edit: November 10, 2010, 03:11:33 AM by Wyld1USA »

Offline DavidR

• avast! √úberevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
    • Personal Message (Offline)
Re: How to unblock a url Avast thinks is malicious
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2010, 03:36:36 AM »
It depends on a) what shield in avast is blocking it (?) and b) if it is actually infected or not.

If it is the network shield blocks malicious URLs and there is no user input to exclude a URL considered malicious. You can report it as possibly an FP for further analysis send an email to virus@avast.com with false positive - network shield in the Subject and full information in the email body.

If it is the web shield, it is possible to exclude a URL in its expert settings, this however shouldn't be done without being 100% clear it isn't infected or the site hacked. Sites being hacked are one of the most common methods of internet infections, so what might be a legit site can get hacked.

So effectively we need to know the URL changing the http part to hXXp so the link isn't active ?
Core2Duo E8300/ 4GB Ram/ WinXP ProSP3/ avast! free 2014 9.0.2016/ Outpost Firewall Pro9.1/ Firefox 28.0, NoScript, RequestPolicy/ MailWasher Pro/ DropMyRights/ MalwareBytes AntiMalware Premium 2.0.1/ WinPatrol+/ Drive Image 7.1/ SnagIt 10.0/ avast! mobile security

Google Chrome

AVAST recommends using the FREE Google Chrome™ browser.

Download Google Chrome Now