Author Topic: I DON'T WANT TO PAY FOR A "BETA"  (Read 4336 times)

LorenzMan

I DON'T WANT TO PAY FOR A "BETA"
« on: September 17, 2011, 06:26:52 PM »
All things I see written here (and all I saw on my testing machine), let me think that the product SBC is in a "release candidate" stage (better "beta"). It's not enough for me.

I have no time to spend to fix problem about remote SQL db, or trying to find menu and features in the console that should be simple and fast to find and simpler to use: where can I configure shields granular features inside groups?; where can I find something about that in the administrator manual? Should I do a "feature request" for something is absolutely BASIC, from my point of view? Who tested the console in avast! didn't feel my same basic needs? SO, How they can understand me?...
And more, the limitation of 200 clients manageable with SBC shows me that the product is not build for big companies and enterprises (why?!) and I could have scalability problems in the future.
I think avast! released this new product because they have to release it not because it's a good-tested-stable software.

Why should I pay for all this!? Why should I be a beta tester at my own cost?!
It's a well known a game, I don't want to play it. My gain on a licence selling it's not enough.

It's a shame because I considered Avast 4 (and DNM) a quit good and simple product, but now I think I should change antivirus vendor.

L.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2011, 06:53:12 PM by LorenzMan »

Offline Bret Miller

Re: I DON'T WANT TO PAY FOR A "BETA"
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2011, 08:21:51 PM »
Note: BP is a 1.0 product. As such, there are always minor issues that don't get caught by limited beta testing. If you don't want to run a 1.0 product, don't. Continue to use avast! 4.8 with ADNM and wait for the ADNM replacement.

That said, I had only minor issues installing this. I worked around them because I want both the 6.x client and client management. I am willing to accept the issues because my desire for stronger protection is more than my desire for a perfect management console.

Your choices are:
1. continue running ADNM and version 4.8
2. run version 6.x with no management
3. run BP 1.0 and version 6.x client

avast! is a good and inexpensive product. I'm sure they will solve many of the issues in the next release.

Offline giogio

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
Re: I DON'T WANT TO PAY FOR A "BETA"
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2011, 08:48:54 PM »
Note: BP is a 1.0 product. As such, there are always minor issues that don't get caught by limited beta testing. If you don't want to run a 1.0 product, don't. Continue to use avast! 4.8 with ADNM and wait for the ADNM replacement.

That said, I had only minor issues installing this. I worked around them because I want both the 6.x client and client management. I am willing to accept the issues because my desire for stronger protection is more than my desire for a perfect management console.

Your choices are:
1. continue running ADNM and version 4.8
2. run version 6.x with no management
3. run BP 1.0 and version 6.x client

avast! is a good and inexpensive product. I'm sure they will solve many of the issues in the next release.

I completely agree with you..
« Last Edit: September 19, 2011, 09:31:27 PM by giogio »
Prima di scrivere sul forum per favore leggi le istruzioni qui https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=144453.0
Non inviatemi MP per supporto,grazie-No support PM please
Home: E8400-4GB RAM-500GB HDD-Win10.0.15063x64-Avast! Free 17.3.2291-CryptoPrevent-MBAM 2.2free-Chrome 57(uBlock origin)-TB52
Work: i5-2400-4GB RAM-500GB HDD-Win 7sp1x64-Avast!Business Security 12.3.2515,     
Cloud Console 2.18
-FF52-TB52