Author Topic: URL: Mal Infection on Avast Antivirus Free False Positive or not?  (Read 6655 times)

REDACTED

Re: URL: Mal Infection on Avast Antivirus Free False Positive or not?
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2015, 01:13:03 AM »
I am back, I have read what you have said argus about diasbling my antispyware and antivirus and I have a small question. Whenever I do an Avast SmartScan, it says that I have a toolbar protector called "AVG SafeGuard" which I have downloaded before. Should I let Avast remove it completely or do I have to do it manually? I think the "AVG SafeGuard" is used on my Internet Explorer, which I don't use because I usually use Chrome. Also, should this program called "Advanced SystemCare 8.1 Free" be a thing for me to worry about because it has a Plugin/Toolbar Cleaner, which can be turned off in the program? Before the toolbar protector of this program showed up on my SmartScan's but now it doesn't anymore. Sorry if I'm delaying this, I want to make sure nothing goes wrong.
EDIT: I'm not sure if argus is on right now because I think my laptop has a different time zone than the one shown on the forums so I'm not sure if I'm past afternoon or before afternoon like I said.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2015, 01:42:36 AM by DragonTalon23 »

REDACTED

« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2015, 07:46:40 AM »
Delaying it again because right now I want to start it, but I remember today that I did a SmartScan on avast and removed the "AVG SafeGuard"(not sure if this information is relevant), if I select the avast! shield controls to control the antivirus AND the anti-spyware because I'm not sure if I have avast! as my anti-spyware. Also, I looked into my programs and there's a program that says "Windows Live Essentials" and I don't know if I should be worrying about it. I want to do what you have told me to do argus but I don't know if I messed myself up right now.

EDIT: If you want me to do another scan with the Farbar Recovery Tool, I can do that. I would appreciate help from any of the moderators that moderate in this forum if they could tell me if I need to do anything to help solve the problem. If there is nothing blocking the way other than disabling my antivirus and anti-spyware, then I just need the green light to proceed.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2015, 08:07:04 AM by DragonTalon23 »

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2015, 02:27:59 PM »
  Also, should this program called "Advanced SystemCare 8.1 Free" be a thing for me to worry about   
Made by IObit......

Some info about IObit, and you find lots more online if you search
https://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?/topic/29681-iobit-steals-malwarebytes-intellectual-property/

REDACTED

« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2015, 10:13:06 PM »
Alright, update here.
I do not need help with my situation anymore because I found out that I do not need to worry about this "URL:Mal" infection because I got it from a different website or source I guess so you can forget about this thread and maybe delete it if you can or want to.
I am really sorry if I wasted your time argus and anyone viewing this thread.