Author Topic: Change of email?  (Read 4143 times)

justcallmejim

Change of email?
« on: September 26, 2006, 11:01:58 AM »
I've recently decided that I hate the e-mail service which I used to sign up for the free edition of Avast.  I would like to change the e-mail address associated with me in Alwil's database.  I could not find a mechanism on the main sight for doing this.  ???

Any ideas or should I email the Alwil team directly?

Smith

Re: Change of email?
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2006, 11:10:51 AM »
I've recently decided that I hate the e-mail service which I used to sign up for the free edition of Avast.  I would like to change the e-mail address associated with me in Alwil's database.  I could not find a mechanism on the main sight for doing this.  ???

Any ideas or should I email the Alwil team directly?
Click on the "profile" at the top of the forums and look at your left side.  There should be "Modify Profile" option, under which you find "Account Related Settings."

justcallmejim

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2006, 11:20:59 AM »
Click on the "profile" at the top of the forums and look at your left side.  There should be "Modify Profile" option, under which you find "Account Related Settings."

No not that one... That one is fine and easily changed.  I'm talking about the e-mail address which I used to get the activation code for Avast.

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2006, 11:24:41 AM »
Well, if it's only the activation code, you don't really have to change it (and I don't think there's any easy way to do so). When you will be re-registering after this key expires, you just enter the new e-mail and that's it.
Or, are you getting the notifications about new VPS updates there?

justcallmejim

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2006, 11:40:15 AM »
I don't think that I'm subscribed to any periodic notifications, but I would prefer not to miss anything if something important comes up.

I'll probably just leave it as is and update it when it comes time for a new activation, if it's too much trouble.  Although if the mailer does send one it may get a NDR after I have that email account deactivated.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2006, 01:40:52 PM »
I don't think that I'm subscribed to any periodic notifications, but I would prefer not to miss anything if something important comes up.
Here you can change the notification email: http://www.avast.com/eng/subscription_service2.html  ;)

I'll probably just leave it as is and update it when it comes time for a new activation, if it's too much trouble.  Although if the mailer does send one it may get a NDR after I have that email account deactivated.
The key is not sent if you don't ask to... so, just inform the new email and Alwil won't need or use the old one  :)
The best things in life are free.

Offline szc

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2006, 02:22:42 PM »

And why not completely abandon your current registration and serial number ? It's not like you're tied to it anyway, lol  ;D  ;D

Just simply go there and re-register your copy of avast! using your new e-mail address, then register your avast! with new serial number.
MB: GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UD3H Intel 7 Series  - LGA1155, CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K - Quad Core, 3.40GHz (3.80GHz Max Turbo), CPU COOLER: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO Direct Heat Pipe R2, RAM: 16 GB Kingston HyperX Blu DDR3, VIDEO CARD: Galaxy GeForce GTX 560 Ti - 1GB, GDDR5, POWER SUPPLY: Corsair Enthusiast Series TX750 V2 - 750 Watts, HD: Seagate Barracuda - 2TB, 7200RPM, 64MB, SATA 6Gb/s