Author Topic: Avast On Access Scanner not running  (Read 2626 times)

mcse63

Avast On Access Scanner not running
« on: June 20, 2007, 11:05:39 PM »
Hello Everyone,

I am new to this forum and after much searching and trying what is here thought someone could shed some light on this issue. I have an Xp box with sp2 that I have the Home edition on. Have been running this for well over a year now with out a problem. Now within the past 2 months everytime I have to reboot the machine or shut it down Avast fails to start and there is a message the the Vps has been destroyed. I have repaired to no avail. The only way to solve it has been to uninstall and re-install, needless to say this is getting to be a pain. Any light that can be shed on this would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks,

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: Avast On Access Scanner not running
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2007, 12:02:25 AM »
Please, post the last 200-250 files of avast log: C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\DATA\log\Setup.log

We will need more information to be able to help you:
- What avast! version are you installing?
- Do you use a firewall? Which one?
- Did you have any other antivirus installed in your system in the past?
- Any other security programs that could interfere?
The best things in life are free.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2007, 12:25:52 AM »
As you say you have had avast home for well over a year now, have you re-registered it as the VPS updates would be stopped after 14 months ?

Whilst that shouldn't stop the on-access protection from running, so Tech questions would be nearer to the true problem.

Have you changed anything recently as you say within the last two months, that would fall in line with the last program update 4.7.1001 at the end of April, 1st week of May 2007. So your reinstall may not have been wide of the mark, but you should try a clean reinstall if none of Tech's questions are applicable.

Download the avast! Uninstall Utility, find it here and save it to your HDD so you can find it later.

Download the latest version of avast http://www.avast.com/eng/programs.html and save it to your HDD, somewhere you can find it again. Use that when you reinstall.

Now uninstall, reboot, run the uninstall utility, reboot, install the version you downloaded, reboot.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD - 27" external monitor 1440p 2560x1440 resolution - avast! free  24.9.6130 (build 24.9.9452.762) UI 1.0.818/ Firefox, uBlock Origin Lite, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

mcse63

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2007, 04:59:07 PM »
It appears this last D&R may have solved the problem, she hasn't called me anyway to report problems. So hopefully it was some sort of corruption that was causing the issue. Thanks for the responses I will keep those in mind should this problem rear its ugly head again.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2007, 05:32:26 PM »
Thanks for the feedback, fingers crossed ;D

Welcome to the forums.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD - 27" external monitor 1440p 2560x1440 resolution - avast! free  24.9.6130 (build 24.9.9452.762) UI 1.0.818/ Firefox, uBlock Origin Lite, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security