Author Topic: Standalone Manageable Client  (Read 3067 times)

rafaelsantiago

Standalone Manageable Client
« on: December 08, 2011, 10:41:23 AM »
Dear friends, good morning.

I migrated from Avast Business Protection 4, to the new Avast Business Protection 6.
75% of my network clients are already protected with the new client.

But when i try to distribute a client to some computers, i got an error message "No network provider accepted the given network path (1203)". With these machines, the firewall is turned off, windows defender, and the C:\ are shared with full acess for everyone.

I just can't deploy a client in these machines, and i really need to fix it soon as possible.

As a alternative for this (and to save time, of course), i was thinking if there's a "Standalone Client", where i have a .exe file, that i could manually install the client on the machine, communicating and managing through the Console.

What can i do about it? Or what can i do about this error?
Thanks a lot.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2011, 10:47:17 AM by rafaelsantiago »

Offline giogio

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
Re: Standalone Manageable Client
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2011, 11:21:29 AM »
1. Make sure you are able to ping the PC from the server
2. Make sure you've enabled file and print sharing for microsoft networks from properties of local area connection
3. Make sure that there's not a PC with the same name, look here
 http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=87443.0

Your PC are under domain or workgroup?

Try to install the deployment package downloading it from the console, or going into the server under this directories
If you go in the Pc where you've installed the console under:
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application data\AVAST Software\Administration console\Mirror\Install
or
C:\Users\All users\AVAST Software\Administration console\Mirror\Install
you can find the deployment package, or under the console goto ADMIN->SETTINGS->SETUP and follow the link under the button to download the deployment package.
Prima di scrivere sul forum per favore leggi le istruzioni qui https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=144453.0
Non inviatemi MP per supporto,grazie-No support PM please
Home: E8400-4GB RAM-500GB HDD-Win10.0.15063x64-Avast! Free 17.3.2291-CryptoPrevent-MBAM 2.2free-Chrome 57(uBlock origin)-TB52
Work: i5-2400-4GB RAM-500GB HDD-Win 7sp1x64-Avast!Business Security 12.3.2515,     
Cloud Console 2.18
-FF52-TB52