Author Topic: How to downgrade?  (Read 6897 times)

pidao

Re: How to downgrade?
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2013, 06:26:13 AM »
Well, I'll definitely wanna get it again then :D

But, is there a SAFE download to get it again? I might have it at work, but I won't be going there for a few days. And in case, I don't have it, I'd like to know if there is an alternate link for it.

Ryudo

Re: How to downgrade?
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2013, 02:53:33 PM »

Deep Screen, in its current state, it screens (sandbox analysis) based on the following factors listed here:
- https://blog.avast.com/2012/11/16/what-is-the-avast-autosandbox-and-how-does-it-work/ (Note: in Avast! version 9, it is a fully automated sandbox, i.e. it is not possible to set Deep Screen to prompt the user before analysis)
- http://www.avast.com/en-za/filerep (How file reputation system of Avast works)

Deep Screen would analyse an unknown program in the sandbox for about 15 secs before terminating it.
Depending on analysis, the program would either be
a) quarantined
b) restarted if it does not perform any suspicious behaviour within the sandbox.

If (b) occurs, the program should function properly on restart, done automatically by Deep Screen (no user input).
Note that Deep Screen would automatically add the program to exclusions in this case.

For me it was (c), the program was not quarantined, and DeepScreen kept trying to analyze it and closing it when trying to start it. Forcing me to restart it manually, and I ended up having to manually add it to exclusions before I was finally able to start the program.

Now I don't know if this is fixed in the 9.0.2008 version, but I was using 9.0.2007 at the time this occurred.

Either way I'm a bit fed up with 9.0 for now, will revert back to 8.0.1497. (Latest version of 8.0). while keeping the database up to date as mentioned by some others in this thread.

@pidao: Yep Grandia II. :) Epic game!