Author Topic: please somebody help me ! my lappy is infected by shortcut virus in usb drives  (Read 5137 times)

vinu546

ok now dats it.......how can i know if the virus is removed from my lappy? when i try to right click o desktop i am getting an option in pop up like "short cut arrow symbol" wat is it?

vinu546

thank you ,thank you very much bro i think virus has gone i have checked by copying some files to pendrive and i do'nt find any shortcuts to ariginals......best regards,thank you

katoto

Do you communicate privately? What sort of malware did the infection? We hope it should be made public so that we will know.

Offline Michael (alan1998)

• Massive Poster
  • Volunteer
This infection is constantly changing. The fix for each is different. Therefore cannot be made anymore public
VOLUNTEER

Senior Security Analyst; Sys Admin (Linux); Forensics/Incident Response.

Security is a mindset, not an application. Think BEFORE you click.

Offline TwinHeadedEagle

• Malware Removal Expert
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
    • Zemana
Do you communicate privately? What sort of malware did the infection? We hope it should be made public so that we will know.

No problem :)

This is the infection --> http://www.microsoft.com/security/portal/threat/encyclopedia/entry.aspx?Name=Worm:VBS/Jenxcus.BC
My help is free, however if you'd like to show your appreciation by leaving a donation, it will be much appreciated ------> DONATE