Author Topic: please somebody help me ! my lappy is infected by shortcut virus in usb drives  (Read 5040 times)

vinu546

whenever i insert my pendrive into lappy the original foldrs are turned into shortcuts and i have used all the cmd types to fix the prob but no use eventhough i formatted it it reappears again how to solve it plzzzzzzzz help me

Offline TwinHeadedEagle

• Malware Removal Expert
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
    • Zemana
Hi,

Unplug your USB now, and do not use it until I told you.

Please download Anti-VBSVBE and save it to your desktop.

Note: You need to run the version compatibale with your system. If you are not sure which version applies to your system download both of them and try to run them.
Only one of them will run on your system, that will be the right version.

• Double click to run the tool and wait until it finishes.
  • It will make a log named Anti-VBSVBE.txt. Please attach it to your reply.
*****  NEXT  *****

Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool by Farbar and save it to your desktop.

Note: You need to run the version compatibale with your system. If you are not sure which version applies to your system download both of them and try to run them.
Only one of them will run on your system, that will be the right version.

• Double-click to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
  • Under Optional Scan ensure "List BCD" and "Driver MD5" are ticked.
  • Press Scan button.
  • It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please attach it to your reply.
  • The first time the tool is run, it makes also another log (Addition.txt). Please attach it to your reply.
My help is free, however if you'd like to show your appreciation by leaving a donation, it will be much appreciated ------> DONATE

vinu546

i have done the part u have said so far

vinu546

i have attached the files bro

vinu546

and???? r u there bro?

Offline TwinHeadedEagle

• Malware Removal Expert
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
    • Zemana
Easy, bro  ???

Had you taken the time to think that the people helping on this forum are all volunteers. They contribute their time and knowledge free of charge, and get no recompense for the work they do. So be patient and wait, we all have a private life.

Please download MCShield from one of the following links:

MCShield -Official download link
  • Double click on MCShield-Setup to install the application.
    Next => I Agree => Next => Install ... per installation click on Run! button.
  • Wait a few seconds to MCShield finish initial HDD scan...
  • Connect all your USB storage devices to the computer one at a time. Scanning will be done automatically.
  • When all scanning is done, you need to post a logreport that MCShield has created.
Under Logs tab (in Control Center) for AllScans.txt log section click on Save button. AllScanst.txt report shall be located on your Desktop.

=> Post here AllScanst.txt

Explanation: USB storage devices are all the USB devices that get their own partition letter at connecting to the PC,
e.g. flash drives (thumb/pen drives, USB sticks), external HDDs, MP3/MP4 players, digital cameras,
memory cards (SD cards, Sony Memory Stick, MultiMedia Cards etc.), some mobile phones, some GPS navigation devices etc.

My help is free, however if you'd like to show your appreciation by leaving a donation, it will be much appreciated ------> DONATE

vinu546

sorry bro i did'nt mean it...k i have done it and scanning is not performed automatically when i inserted pendrive wat to do?

Offline TwinHeadedEagle

• Malware Removal Expert
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
    • Zemana
Did you try few times? Does pendrive gets detected by your computer?

SafeSurf

Yes, USB/pen drives do get infected and can infect your machine.

vinu546

its showing "mcshield has been blocket to generate log files check other security systems settings" this dialog box is displaying wenever m trying to scan pendrive using mcshield........my lap is detecting pendrives

vinu546

unfortunately an error occurred (scanlog.createFail[70])
MC SHIELD HAS BEEN BLOCKED WHILE CREATING THE LOG FILE.PLZ CHECK THE SETTINGS OF OTHER SECURITY SOFTWARE

Offline TwinHeadedEagle

• Malware Removal Expert
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
    • Zemana
Disable your antivirus and try again.

vinu546

ya it worked bro all usb drives have been scanned sucessfully then.......i have provided you the attachement

vinu546

sorry the complete ALL SCAN.TXT including the usb drives........final attachement

Offline TwinHeadedEagle

• Malware Removal Expert
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
    • Zemana
OK, tell me how is the situation now?