Author Topic: aswrvrt.sys issues  (Read 7875 times)

mpact

Re: aswrvrt.sys issues
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2014, 10:58:49 AM »
No luck :( i have tried this before, if you want i can send u link to the threads i tried before, concerning scf/ and fixmbr etc

here is the fixlog, in english it says: operation concluded with success btw :)

I am fearfull this is more complicated? I cannot use my win7 boot disk to repair as it says the version of the disk is not compatible with the version of the OS, which i find strange.

Im just throwing all the info i can out there maybe some of it will spark a solution :)

Offline TwinHeadedEagle

• Malware Removal Expert
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
    • Zemana
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2014, 04:09:13 PM »
Let's check your HDD for errors

Download MHDD utility from here:
 MHDD download link

Unpack and burn as ISO ...
Add and boot MHDD from disk ( in the same way as Live CD )

• When you load the file select option 1
  • When the menu appears, select the disk that you'll scan

Type in:
Code: [Select]
scan
    ...and hit enter

• In the next menu, click F4
  • It will begin HDD scanning, allow him to finish scan.

>> If there is more than 3 inputs in the district UNC X then your hard disk is damaged.
My help is free, however if you'd like to show your appreciation by leaving a donation, it will be much appreciated ------> DONATE

mpact

« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2014, 04:32:47 PM »
The MHDD file is only 1.46MB in size and results in a readme text file ONLY. :/ is this correct?
Burn to a cd as ISO correct?

I thought i might tell you that my HD is Western Digital and i verify that it passes in SMART
and also using Western Digital Data Lifeguard Diagnostics it has a PASS status, i could do a new scan to double check this.

Offline TwinHeadedEagle

• Malware Removal Expert
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
    • Zemana
« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2014, 04:54:55 PM »
Yes, ISO is very small. You can try with http://rufus.akeo.ie/ and your pendrive.
My help is free, however if you'd like to show your appreciation by leaving a donation, it will be much appreciated ------> DONATE

mpact

« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2014, 05:06:20 PM »
Using rufus, i get a message saying: 'This version of rufus only supports bootable ISO's based on bootmgr/WinPE, isolinux or EFI.'

I can try and find a blank cd to burn meanwhile...

Offline TwinHeadedEagle

• Malware Removal Expert
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
    • Zemana
« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2014, 05:27:02 PM »
Ok, try :)

mpact

« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2014, 07:25:36 PM »
I dont know where the log file was stored, but i have ZERO x UNC, nothing passed the >150 mark.

The other info i gave you about the pending system repair etc doesnt ring any bells? :/

« Last Edit: April 13, 2014, 07:41:10 PM by mpact »

Offline TwinHeadedEagle

• Malware Removal Expert
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
    • Zemana
« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2014, 02:19:55 PM »
Let's try one more command. If this fails, I am affraid you'll have to reinstall your system.

Download attached fixlist.txt and save it to your USB flashdrive as fixlist.txt

>>  Boot into Recovery Environment

Start FRST in a similar manner to when you ran a scan earlier, but this time when it opens ....
  •     Press the Fix button once and wait.
  •     FRST will process fixlist.txt
  •     When finished, it will produce a log fixlog.txt on your USB flashdrive.
>>  Exit out of Recovery Environment and post me the log please.

Try to boot Windows normally...
« Last Edit: April 14, 2014, 03:02:25 PM by TwinHeadedEagle »

mpact

« Reply #23 on: April 14, 2014, 07:49:14 PM »
I see that you have put c: drive on the fixlist, but i have 1 HDD witth dual boot and its divided into partitions, so i have C: (win xp) D: and G:(win 7) <--- this is the drive with the problem.
If the commands on the fixlist are for c: and not g: where my issue is, then the results are incorrect concerning my problem right?

Offline TwinHeadedEagle

• Malware Removal Expert
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
    • Zemana
« Reply #24 on: April 14, 2014, 09:41:15 PM »
Sorry, change it to letter that applies to you...

mpact

« Reply #25 on: April 14, 2014, 09:49:03 PM »
so the other fixlist is also wrong then? is their a way to revert what i did and then do it for the proper drive?

Remember the avast fixlist? i checked now and it is also for c: drive, so all my results i given to you have been incorrect cause the drive was different?

TwinHeadedEagle, i am confused now, why does the FRST log report i sent you for my win 7 partition drive letter g:, show up as c: on the report?

This probably has lead to misinterpretation, meaning wrong fixlists and wrong feedback? :/
Drive c: (win XP is the primary disk, i only have one HD, divided into  partitions like i said before, so when i run FRST from the pen drive, whilst in the recovery console for partition g: (win 7), it scans/fixes the primary drive where the MBR is? I mean it only considers the primary drive?

--------

I read my FRST log for the win7 and it says that the program ran from g: (USB flash pen), but g: is my win 7 partition, i am confused now. Do drive letters change depending on what OS i am in at moment? :/

-------------

==================== MBR & Partition Table ==================

========================================================
Disk: 0 (MBR Code: Windows 7 or 8 ) (Size: 466 GB) (Disk ID: 00000001)
Partition 1: (Active) - (Size=128 GB) - (Type=07 NTFS)
Partition 2: (Not Active) - (Size=338 GB) - (Type=OF Extended)          ------------------>       «««100GB OF THIS IS WHERE WIN 7 ULTIMATE 64bit IS ON, WHY DOESN'T IT SHOW AS SEPERATE PARTITION?»»»

========================================================
Disk: 1 (Size: 8 GB) (Disk ID: 04030201)
Partition 1: (Not Active) - (Size=8 GB) - (Type=0B)

-----------------------
ok, i found this, so maybe i am just making a big confusion, but i would like you to help me understand if that is ok with u pls :)

> SCAN FROM INSIDE OS WIN XP:
==================== Drives ================================

Drive c: (XP) (Fixed) (Total:128 GB) (Free:48.94 GB) NTFS ==>[Drive with boot components (Windows XP)]
Drive d: (BACKUPS) (Fixed) (Total:237.83 GB) (Free:8.55 GB) NTFS
Drive g: (BF3) (Fixed) (Total:99.93 GB) (Free:14.36 GB) NTFS

> SCAN FROM USB PEN IN WIN7 RECOVERY CONSOLE:
==================== Drives ================================

Drive c: (BF3) (Fixed) (Total:99.93 GB) (Free:14.26 GB) NTFS
Drive d: (BACKUPS) (Fixed) (Total:237.83 GB) (Free:8.55 GB) NTFS
Drive g: (««WORK»») (Removable) (Total:7.5 GB) (Free:7.5 GB) FAT32
Drive x: (Boot) (Fixed) (Total:0.03 GB) (Free:0.03 GB) NTFS
Drive y: (XP) (Fixed) (Total:128 GB) (Free:39.74 GB) NTFS ==>[System with boot components (obtained from reading drive)]

What is drive x: Boot? and help me understand this, depending on what drive you are accessing from within, that is drive c:??

Appreciate your understanding and patience TwinHeadedEagle :)
P.S. I discovered the FRST file in both OS drives and the win 7 has the avast program in quarentine like your fixlist intended.
I hope you dont think im wasting your time, i come to realize my mistake, i didnt realize that drive c: is always the main drive for the OS, even if you have many OS partitions etc, so that confused me.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2014, 10:47:02 PM by mpact »

mpact

« Reply #26 on: April 15, 2014, 11:12:58 AM »
I dunno if you read my previous post, pls help me make sense of this. :)
Appreciate.

TwinHeadedEagle are you still available? :/
« Last Edit: April 15, 2014, 04:21:16 PM by mpact »

Offline TwinHeadedEagle

• Malware Removal Expert
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
    • Zemana
« Reply #27 on: April 16, 2014, 10:57:01 AM »
I saw your post. We did everything we could, but I am affraid you will have to reinstall your system.