Author Topic: is the scan bysmart scan a false positive  (Read 3480 times)

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: is the scan bysmart scan a false positive
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2023, 04:24:41 PM »
However I never at any point said it was a false positive (as you are).  More of a case of seeing a weakness and promoting a paid solution.

I feel it is never wise going back that far as much will have changed in that time frame. 

Not to mention I covered it here in my very first reply:
I know about avast.  I do not think so. Let me wait reply from avast team

It is most likely a promotion for the Real Site product by Avast.

You can follow the Resolve All, it can't really resolve what is indicated on the screen other than offer the Real Site product which you can decline.  The Advanced Issues in Avast Free is more likely to be a promotion for a paid product.  However, possibility being reported is valid.

Going over the same ground isn't productive.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD - 27" external monitor 1440p 2560x1440 resolution - avast! free  24.9.6130 (build 24.9.9452.762) UI 1.0.818/ Firefox, uBlock Origin Lite, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline jraju

• Poster
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2023, 12:45:48 PM »
hi, I read your reply.
The fact that there are so many sites that checks the dns vulnerability including hijacks. I have tried more sites and the result is that the same is in good condition, particularly when I change the dns to 1.1.1.1 in the concerned devices.
The fact the dns is the gateway through which you do all your browsing and subsequent activities, and it will not be kind of aspirin problem. It is more risky than that.
So, only I asked the query if it is false positive .
I have strong password for my router. Only thing is that I do know how to configure bb router, but somewhat lack the knowledge to configure fibre brand. So, I change dns in the devices set up, in ipv4 and ipv6.
I do online transactions and so, I was bothered about this dns hijack probability on my router and network.
Hope that some from avast would give a reply to this thread

Offline jraju

• Poster
« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2023, 06:08:27 AM »
No reply from avast team for longtime. One staff member said that matter was escalated to higher officials who would say something on this issue of false positive or not.
Still today,i have not received any reply so far this is for your kind information.

Offline jraju

• Poster
« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2023, 01:56:00 PM »
days have gone by. but still i have not received any reply from avast team member in this regard.
My query is regarding false positive or not.

Offline taleberton

« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2023, 05:46:17 PM »
I also requested the AVG team to send the files to AVast for their analysis as avast team is different from avg. I do not know, how generated support files were auto forwarded to AVG instead of AVAST
indigocard activate
roblox exploit

« Last Edit: January 05, 2024, 01:28:04 PM by taleberton »

Offline Dinobot2

• Poster
« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2023, 09:28:05 PM »
days have gone by. but still i have not received any reply from avast team member in this regard.
My query is regarding false positive or not.

You're unlikely to get a response from an Avast team member unfortunately. Someone from Avast will respond occasionally, but it is rare. Most of the time their posts are just announcements for updates.