Author Topic: I can't cancel my Avast Secure Browser Pro subscription  (Read 3161 times)

Offline umberto.lorenzon91

I can't cancel my Avast Secure Browser Pro subscription
« on: December 16, 2023, 08:58:00 PM »
HI,
I have a problem with Avast browser Pro.
On November 19th or 18th, I activated the free trial period because I needed to use the VPN.
Subsequently I wanted to deactivate it but I couldn't find anything on the "my subscriptions" page.
I said to myself "it will appear when the message arrives 7 days before the deadline", but no warning email has arrived and there is still nothing about it on the subscriptions page.
It's impossible to contact customer service and I'm afraid they'll charge me for the subscription that I don't want.
Furthermore, the browser VPN stopped working about 20 days ago, so much so that I activated the secure line VPN, which I see in the subscriptions.
Does anyone know what I can do to avoid receiving any charges?
Thank you

Offline Misha Zekovova

• Quality Assurance Engineer
  • Avast team
Re: I can't cancel my Avast Secure Browser Pro subscription
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2024, 09:26:37 AM »
Hello umberto.lorenzon91,
all Browser PRO licenses that we found under your email are expired. That means there should not be any charges.
If you'll see some amount charged for automatic renewal (e.g. if you used another email when purchasing) please ask for a refund on our support page support.avast.com.
Hope this helps!

Offline Williams7

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2024, 12:09:03 AM »
I also can't unsubscribe from the free trail for vpn. My free trail has run out five days ago, but I just received another email that they are trying to bill my account. How can I cancel this so they won't keep trying to take money.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2024, 02:12:22 AM »
I also can't unsubscribe from the free trail for vpn. My free trail has run out five days ago, but I just received another email that they are trying to bill my account. How can I cancel this so they won't keep trying to take money.

Would have been better placed in the Avast SecureLine VPN for Windows sub forum (assuming that is the version you are using) - https://forum.avast.com/index.php?board=53.0

In the meantime have you tried this:
Sales - Orders and Renewals FAQ - https://support.avast.com/en-ww/article/Alternative-unsubscribe/
Scroll down to the "How do I cancel automatic renewal of my Avast subscription?" option.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD - 27" external monitor 1440p 2560x1440 resolution - avast! free  24.9.6130 (build 24.9.9452.762) UI 1.0.818/ Firefox, uBlock Origin Lite, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security