Author Topic: Cannot run/install Windows Update  (Read 12574 times)

bong2x

Re: Cannot run/install Windows Update
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2010, 04:51:11 PM »
Thanks for the help. and THANKS AVAST! you idiots need to test your software more.
 :o  :o ??? ???

let us know first what kind of file you like to play in WMP ?

is it RMVB files? if it is RMVB its not supported by WMP. ;D :P

yuo need to install another player like VLC or REAL Player  ;D

Regards!!!!!

drohr

« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2010, 04:53:35 PM »
Well .... u don't have any old versions or any new ones. I used the uninstall utility. I still cannot use Windows Media Player OR update Windows. All this because i installed Avast v.5.

I was told that i need to update/re-installed my Windows update utility of re-reg the files. It didn't work. Nothing works. Has this happened to anybody else at all?

I have the same OS on all my systems... and installed Avast Internet Security 5 on mine. have McAfee on another and Norton Security Suite on the 3rd. Only on mine (with the Avast) i cannot update Windows. Nothing serious was changed to effect that.

Again ... this sucks ... if i can't get it right i need to re-ionwstall Windows. Thanks Avast! Asses! (not the users)

I will keep this system working for a while and give a change to see IF someone here can actually help me ... the guys that have tried to help? Thanks guys. Everything you suggested i did but i am still in the same spot.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2010, 09:16:44 AM »
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

bong2x

« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2010, 09:36:09 AM »
your problem is window update, why blame it in avast???  :'(

avast do nothing in window update,

in my experience of using window7 avast need also the windows update so that it will be adopted by the OS

and i do not see any reason that avast will block your update ;)

just observe the video you play maybe its broken and WMP won't play it ;)

try play in VLC even broken video it will play but until in the readable amount only  :D ;) :-*

bong2x

drohr

« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2010, 09:21:55 PM »
Again.. Both you guys seem NOT to be either reading the post.

Going in a loop here.

Thanks guys.

Since nobody here seems to have any isea what their software has done to my system, i am NOT going to suggest to any of my clients to use Avast. At all. I would rather suggest to use Norton than Avast. I cannot have my customers systems F^^^^ed up because of this.

Yes .. my problem is Windows Update... but none of this happened until Avast v.5 was installed on my system.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2010, 09:23:26 PM by drohr »

SafeSurf

« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2010, 09:30:33 AM »
drohr,

If you would like, you can contact Avast here: Customer Service > Submit a technical ticket http://www.avast.com/contacts.  Explain to them that you have a current thread open and give them the link to this thread.  Thank you.