Offline essexboy

• Malware removal instructor
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
Re: help
« Reply #31 on: September 05, 2010, 05:38:45 PM »
OK windows 7 is here and I have tested it on my system http://www.addictivetips.com/windows-tips/clear-past-notification-icons-in-windows-7/

To stop explorer the easy way - right click the task bar and select task manager
Select the processes tab
Select explorer.exe and then end process
Task manager is still on the desktop so now select the applications tab
Select new task
Type in explorer
Press OK and your desktop will come back minus that icon

jolee

« Reply #32 on: September 05, 2010, 06:45:01 PM »
yes it worked lol thankyou ... what happens to all the data i put on here now ?? is my pc ok now im really thankfull joanie  ;D

jolee

« Reply #33 on: September 05, 2010, 06:49:32 PM »
my avast chest is full of them fakewarn of that virus do ileave them there or delete em

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #34 on: September 05, 2010, 07:29:33 PM »
Normally the procedure would be:
There is no rush to delete anything from the chest, a protected area where it can do no harm. Anything that you send to the chest you should leave there for a few weeks. If after that time you have suffered no adverse effects from moving these to the chest, scan them again (inside the chest) and if they are still detected as viruses, delete them.

However, if they are a) old detections and b) related to this cleansing, then there shouldn't be any downside to them being removed. Though it doesn't hurt to leave them there that can't do any harm and shouldn't be taking up much in the way of space. So in this case it is personal choice I would say.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD - 27" external monitor 1440p 2560x1440 resolution - avast! free  24.8.6127 (build 24.8.9372.870) UI 1.0.818/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline essexboy

• Malware removal instructor
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #35 on: September 05, 2010, 08:07:34 PM »
Looking at that I am a happy bunny  :)

I will remove my tools now and give some recommendations, but I would like you to run for 24 hours or so and come back if you have any problems

Now the best part of the day ----- Your log now appears clean  :thumbsup:

A good workman always cleans up after himself so..The following will implement some cleanup procedures as well as reset  System Restore points:

Run OTL
  • Under the Custom Scans/Fixes box at the bottom, paste in the following

:Commands
    [resethosts]
    [purity]
    [emptytemp]
    [EMPTYFLASH]
    [Reboot]
  • Then click the Run Fix button at the top
  • Let the program run unhindered, reboot the PC when it is done

Click Start > Run  and copy/paste the following bolded text into the Run box and click OK:

ComboFix /Uninstall

Run OTL and hit the cleanup button.  It will remove all the programmes we have used plus itself.  MBAM can be uninstalled via control panel add/remove along with ERUNT.  But they may be useful tools to keep

We will now confirm that your hidden files are set to that, as some of the tools I use will change that
  • Click Start.
  • Open My Computer.
  • Select the Tools menu and click Folder Options.
  • Select the View Tab.
  • Under the Hidden files and folders heading select Do not show hidden files and folders.
  • Click Yes to confirm.
  • Click OK.

SPRING CLEAN

Download and run Puran Disc Defragmenter

Now that you are clean, to help protect your computer in the future I recommend that you get the following free programmes: It is critical to have both a firewall and anti virus to protect your system and to keep them updated.

To keep your operating system up to date visit To learn more about how to protect yourself while on the internet read our little guide  How did I get infected in the first place ?
Keep safe  :wave:

jolee

« Reply #36 on: September 06, 2010, 11:47:06 AM »
thankyou so much xx

jolee

« Reply #37 on: September 06, 2010, 11:56:14 AM »
sorry to be a pain but just noticed another icon in my notifications its called micci+mcciTrayApp is that to do with something ive downloaded puran defrag

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
« Reply #38 on: September 06, 2010, 12:47:09 PM »
sorry to be a pain but just noticed another icon in my notifications its called micci+mcciTrayApp is that to do with something ive downloaded puran defrag
http://www.broadbandreports.com/forum/r22923726-McciBrowser-AND-McciTrayApp

jolee

« Reply #39 on: September 06, 2010, 12:47:46 PM »
its ok lol its to do with my internet help from bt .... thanx for all your help xx