Author Topic: Computer slowdown  (Read 15991 times)

redman

Re:Computer slowdown
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2005, 09:49:06 AM »
I wouldn't feel comfortable about altering anything on this list unless I knew it could be reversed. However, now that I have Avast on my system instead of Bit defender, the slowdown problem has disappeared. I am well impressed with the new version of Avast so I have purchased a two-year licence. I think I may have found a small bug however: when creating a task, initially after saving it, the task is still called "Unnamed", but after opening it up to edit it, the actual name given to the task is displayed. Has anyone else noticed this? It's only a minor thing, so I'm not going to make a fuss about it.

galooma

« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2005, 10:03:40 AM »
there is, in the HJT folder, as long as its not on desktop , a backup log of all your logs generated . any of these can be used quite simply as i understand to return /restore to a point where log was generated .
This is a link to a tutorial on HJThttp://hjt.wizardsofwebsites.com/
and this is a link to the analysis generation which also has links to forums specific to HJT http://hijackthis.de/index.php?langselect=english
« Last Edit: January 04, 2005, 10:04:40 AM by ginblossom »

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2005, 10:11:22 AM »
when creating a task, initially after saving it, the task is still called "Unnamed", but after opening it up to edit it, the actual name given to the task is displayed.

I remember there were similar problems with "redraw" in some internal versions, but I cannot reproduce the problem in the latest version. What is your OS / avast! build? Is it reproducible?
Could you describe exactly what you are doing, please? (including all the details - are you creating the new task using the popup menu, main menu or toolbar button, what name and comment did you set, etc...)
Thanks!

redman

Re: Computer slowdown
« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2005, 09:47:51 PM »
Strange - I replied to this thread and there is no longer any sign of my reply. Do I need to repeat what I said?

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2005, 02:02:51 AM »
Strange - I replied to this thread and there is no longer any sign of my reply. Do I need to repeat what I said?

Maybe you have some communication troubles...
If you don't post it again we won't be able to know what you said...  :'(
The best things in life are free.

redman

Task naming (was Computer slowdown)
« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2005, 02:45:06 PM »
OK, here goes. I used the toolbar at the top of the screen. It is reproducible. Not sure about the Avast build but it's recent (version 4.5). I didn't set any comment at all but just left that field blank.

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2005, 02:56:31 PM »
Check the avast! build in the About box, please.

redman

« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2005, 03:02:13 PM »
Will do when I get home. I'll post the details into this thread.

redman

« Reply #23 on: January 07, 2005, 10:00:45 PM »
Here is the info:-

« Last Edit: January 07, 2005, 10:05:37 PM by redman »

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2005, 09:30:19 AM »
OK, it is the last version indeed  ???

Could you please decribe the actions from the start of the program exactly, including every click?
Something like: started the Enhanced User Interface from the tray icon, clicked onto the "Tasks" folder in the "Folder structure" window, clicked on the "New" button in the toolbar... etc. - including the settings you have made in the task.

Additionally, your OS is WinXP, right? Do you use any special themes / skinning?
Thanks!

redman

« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2005, 10:13:48 PM »
1. Selected Tasks.
2. Clicked on New.
3. Changed task name to Test Task.
4. Clicked OK.
5. Viewed the result.

I have attached two screenshots showing what I did, plus another in the next thread showing the result.

My OS is Windows XP Home Edition SP2

redman

« Reply #26 on: January 10, 2005, 10:15:03 PM »
The result.