Author Topic: scannind local disk i get unable to scan file was skipped because of scanner set  (Read 8745 times)

CLEARICE01

when i go to tasks and click on scan local disks and strat toscan i get that.unable to scan.file was skipped because of scanner settings.please help ??? ??? ???

Offline MikeBCda

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
Since you refer to "tasks", I assume you're using the Pro version?  I use Home, but I can make some guesses based on experience with that.

I typically get the "Skipped because of settings" notice as a popup over the main summary report -- in my case, it's because I've excluded a set of folders I know are just JPG's, quite a few of them.  In standard scanning they (the files, that is) would be skipped anyway because they're not executables or quasi-executables, but I use thorough scanning and the exclusion cuts down the scan time quite a bit.

It's also possible you're looking at the report itself and using standard scan, and you've got your report options set (for whatever reason, or even accidentally) to include skipped files.  Take a look at your report options and see if there's anything there you feel you can safely live without and un-tick those.

Best,
Mike
Intel Atom D2700, 2 gig RAM, Win 7 x64 SP1 & IE-11, Firefox 51.0
(default). 320 gig HD, 15Mb DSL, Win firewall, Avast 12.3.2280 free, SpywareBlaster, MBAM Prem., Crypto-Prevent

CLEARICE01

hi.mike bcda.i just reinstalled and iam doing the first scan.what i did with the last install was change alot of settings this time iam going to only chang the things that really need changing.and if i have the same problems i will follow you directions.thanks for the reply and the help.... ;D

Offline MikeBCda

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
No thanks necessary, that's what we're here for.  :)

You'll find, as we all did, that one of the main reasons the forums here are so useful is because of the wide range of contributors.  From the Alwil professionals down to people who got their first-ever computer last Christmas, and just about every level of experience and expertise in between.  And everyone's got something to contribute, even if it's "just" reporting possible bugs.
Intel Atom D2700, 2 gig RAM, Win 7 x64 SP1 & IE-11, Firefox 51.0
(default). 320 gig HD, 15Mb DSL, Win firewall, Avast 12.3.2280 free, SpywareBlaster, MBAM Prem., Crypto-Prevent

CLEARICE01

thats good to hear mike bcda.that must be part of the reason that every one raves about avast that and the app itself iam really starting to love it now if i can just config it the rite way ill be all the way there.......

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
that must be part of the reason that every one raves about avast that and the app itself iam really starting to love it now if i can just config it the rite way ill be all the way there...

That is not only a part of the reason. That is the reason!
We all love avast  ;D
The best things in life are free.

CLEARICE01

hi.technical.i hear ya.can you tell me something should the basic inter face take a hour to scan 9.5 gigs.i think something isnt set rite?????????

shgoh

hi.technical.i hear ya.can you tell me something should the basic inter face take a hour to scan 9.5 gigs.i think something isnt set rite?????????

yeah...it took something like an hour for me too if you do a thorough scan...

CLEARICE01

ok i dont feel so bad then it was a thourough scan......

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
As shgoh said, the time seems to be normal for that 'amount' of scanning files...  ;)
The problem is not the time but you are protected...  ;D

CLEARICE01

hi.technical.i did a test withe eicar test virus and i do feel protected. ;D

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
hi.technical.i did a test withe eicar test virus and i do feel protected. ;D

Clearice, do you use any other antivirus?
I mean, did you install, even in the past, any other av in your system?
Which one?
Security feeling is good and necessary (no stress).
But security itself is better  ;D

CLEARICE01

hi.technical.yes i just uninstalled nod32 and cleaned every thing out of my registry and system there is no traces of eny other av on my system.well i uninstalled nod32 lastknight................

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
hi.technical.yes i just uninstalled nod32 and cleaned every thing out of my registry and system there is no traces of eny other av on my system.well i uninstalled nod32 lastknight................

I'm not an expert on removing nod32... In fact, I never used it  ;D
But, if it was Norton I could say you something...
Wellcome to avast!  ;)

CLEARICE01

thanks technical ;D