Author Topic: E mail not working after Update!  (Read 4966 times)

gate1975mlm

E mail not working after Update!
« on: December 03, 2004, 07:05:02 PM »
I have the latest update and now my e mail is not working! Help >:(

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re:E mail not working after Update!
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2004, 07:41:14 PM »
I have the latest update and now my e mail is not working! Help >:(

We need more information...
Your operational system, firewall, email client used, version of avast installed, etc.
The best things in life are free.

eisbär

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2004, 08:53:59 PM »
Hi,

I'm new here, but I got the same problem, since the product update yesterday, my mailsoftware won't work at all.

As mailclient I use Pocomail 3.2 with Mailwasher Pro 4.0. My system is WinXP-Pro and the firewall's name is Outpost 2.5. Avast is build Nov2004 (4.5.549)

Ok, I've searched a bit in this forum, but i couldn't find the right answer to my problem.

When I startet my pc today morning the update of avast was downloaded, after a short restart it installed itself and all was great.  But then I wanted to check my mails with the Mailwasher, as usual. It took some moments and the programm said: "NO ROUTE TO HOST, THE DESTINATION HOST IS UNREACHEABLE" that was funny to me, my first thought was that the firewall blocks everything, but then I realised that all was working yesterday.

After deactivating the Avast-Internet Mail and Avast-Outlook/Exchange, my Mailwasher and my Pocomail was doing fine again... stupidly withhout the avast-security.

Please help  :-\

olly
« Last Edit: December 03, 2004, 09:06:40 PM by eisbär »

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2004, 10:18:47 PM »
Check your firewalls permissions.

And make sure you have the mail setup correctly in your email client.

eisbär

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2004, 08:35:00 AM »
Well, I think my firewall permissions are correct, because everythink worked well before that avast-update, but see for your self, the first Pic shows the new Rule that outpost had made wenn I installed avast 4.5.
The second pic shows what happens when the "internet-mail" and the "outlook/exchange"-providers are aktivated and the mailwasher wants to check on my mail-accounts.

The options in Mailwasher and Pocomail are pointing directly to the mail-account not on the localhost, because I didn't realy understood how that's done. But that was working till that update very good. I was very happy that the new avast was supporting pocomail...

As you can possibly see I'm not so familiar with this internet-secrurity-things.
So if you could please keep the things easy?
« Last Edit: December 04, 2004, 08:53:05 AM by eisbär »

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2004, 12:34:58 PM »
It seems MailWasher is seeing the ports 12110, 12025, 12143
You should configure avast to do the same into avast4.ini file.
See settings on my signature and browse for section [MailScanner], there is an explanation about scanned ports by avast.

Welcome to forums.  ;)
The best things in life are free.

eisbär

« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2004, 04:16:30 PM »
Ok, as I said I'm not very good in these things, BUT I think I made it work.

I just added the line "AutoRedirect=1" in that ini-File and it works, at least one time :)

Thx to you!! :-*
« Last Edit: December 04, 2004, 04:17:35 PM by eisbär »

Offline lukor

• Administrator
  • Super Poster
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2004, 09:58:57 PM »
Search the forum for Outpost, I tried the compatibility with this firewall and also got "No route to host", but some member of this forum refered to it as "the well know DNS cache problem in Outpost", to which a fix exists on their pages.

Adding AutoRedirect=1 is very nice, but does nothing, as this is the default value.