Author Topic: Feature Request: Set PIN/pattern for Apps with detailed permissions  (Read 6644 times)

phre4k

This is the feature I need to say that avast! Mobile Security is THE app for Android.

I want to lock certain apps with a PIN or a pattern, so I have to enter the PIN or pattern if I want to access restricted features. A very good app for Android which has similar functionality is App Lock, but App Lock is veeery badly translated.
If this is possible I also want to lock just certain features and not the whole app. For example, you could browse the Play Store without a PIN/pattern, but if you want to install or uninstall apps you'd have to enter the PIN. The Android app Protector has this feature, but does only work with Android 2.3.6 max.

Offline Filip Havlicek

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
Re: Feature Request: Set PIN/pattern for Apps with detailed permissions
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2012, 09:05:20 AM »
Hi,

thanks for the suggestion. We will think about it, but that sounds like a rather complex feature so even if we decide to put it in, it will take some time.

Filip

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2015, 08:25:15 PM »
The UI is super important... please make sure you come up with a slick design like App Lock

REDACTED

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2015, 08:53:35 AM »
This is the feature I need to say that avast! Mobile Security is THE app for Android.

I want to lock certain apps with a PIN or a pattern, so I have to enter the PIN or pattern if I want to access restricted features. A very good app for Android which has similar functionality is App Lock, but App Lock is veeery badly translated.
If this is possible I also want to lock just certain features and not the whole app. For example, you could browse the Play Store without a PIN/pattern, but if you want to install or uninstall apps you'd have to enter the PIN. The Android app Protector has this feature, but does only work with Android 2.3.6 max.

I agree with you. But better make sure it can run smooth in first try. Because I know that this kind of feature is a little bit of tricky and difficult to make, but just please, Avast Dev Team to take your time. I will be waiting this feature  ;D