Author Topic: Avast will not be able to protect mail/news (error 10045)  (Read 6518 times)

Raj_goswami

Avast will not be able to protect mail/news (error 10045)
« on: June 29, 2012, 05:31:35 PM »
Hi

Upgraded to new avast through auto-update and faced this error. Now network through CDMA [Tata Photon+] is not working. Uninstalled the whole this, downloaded again and installed again. Still same error after reboot. Anybody facing this.

Error in Avast Internet Security latest version..
« Last Edit: June 29, 2012, 05:51:41 PM by Raj_goswami »

jrgabriel

Re: Avast will not be able to protect mail/news (error 10045)
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2012, 07:15:46 PM »
I received the same error after installing the latest program update.  I uninstalled the program and reinstalled the last known working version, v7.1426 and everything went fine.  No more avast error and internet is able to connect again.  I guess there's a huge problem with v7.1451 - it simply does not work.  Perhaps I'll skip program updates from now on. :(

mnavp

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2012, 05:09:03 AM »
Updated program on 6-27-12 and immediately no connection to the internet. I got the same error as well, Avast will not protect news/mail, Error 10045. Could not connect to the web, searched at work and found this suggestion, on left side of UI, select Firewall, then select Expert setting and select auto decide for firewall mode and click on the box that says use fast checksums.  Seems to be working at this time.
AIS v 7.0.1451
Dell Inspiton 570, windows 7 64 bit, sp1, MBAM v 1.61.0.1400
« Last Edit: June 30, 2012, 05:25:52 AM by mnavp »

SafeSurf

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2012, 11:28:04 AM »
Hopefully Avast Team members are taking notes from all your feedback.  Thank you all for posting as this will help with the next version update.

cucubus

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2012, 04:50:51 PM »
Let me say that I have a similar problem, i.e., no internet connection after the latest avast update. I'm running Windows 7 64bit.

After unistalling the program and restoring the system to the point before the avast update, the internet connection was ok again.

Please, do find a solution to this problem as soon as possible, it surely damages an otherwise positive product reputation.

mnavp

« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2012, 06:15:14 PM »
Update
After updating AIS to v 7.0.1451, lost all connection to the internet. Did the check on Fast checksums, dealy then got connection to the internet, but only through Chrome, IE9 would just crash and mail through IE9 (live email) would  not load. 
Then did another install of AIS v 7.0.1451, did not do an uninstall, just reinstalled again.
Works for now, however I wanted to see what would happened if I unchecked the Fast checksums box.
After unchecking the box for FastChecksums, again would lose connection the the internet, so leaving the Fast Checksums box checked for now.

true indian

« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2012, 06:42:56 PM »
Let me say that I have a similar problem, i.e., no internet connection after the latest avast update. I'm running Windows 7 64bit.

After unistalling the program and restoring the system to the point before the avast update, the internet connection was ok again.

Please, do find a solution to this problem as soon as possible, it surely damages an otherwise positive product reputation.

try this: http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=100353.msg801787;boardseen#new

Update
After updating AIS to v 7.0.1451, lost all connection to the internet. Did the check on Fast checksums, dealy then got connection to the internet, but only through Chrome, IE9 would just crash and mail through IE9 (live email) would  not load. 
Then did another install of AIS v 7.0.1451, did not do an uninstall, just reinstalled again.
Works for now, however I wanted to see what would happened if I unchecked the Fast checksums box.
After unchecking the box for FastChecksums, again would lose connection the the internet, so leaving the Fast Checksums box checked for now.

glad it helped u out  ;D

This should be resolved in next program Update [due by next week]
« Last Edit: June 30, 2012, 06:52:56 PM by true indian »

snickerson

« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2012, 10:03:30 PM »
Same Here, I spent 2 hours trying to figure out what Windows had done, turns out for once it wasn't Windows...
Hope this one gets fixed soon!!!. Luckily I also have a MAC so I could submit this.

Tried the Quick Checksums trick and now back online... Thanks mnavp for the post.

« Last Edit: June 30, 2012, 11:58:07 PM by snickerson »