Author Topic: Avast! voices, update system, firewall engine and screen reader support  (Read 2679 times)

agasoft

Hello everybody,
I am really sorry if the subject confusing, however I have questions about all topics at once.
Avast voices:
I am using Serbian version of avast software.
However, voices not recorded for our language.
I saw option to upload new recordings, but I currently have not so good sound card.
Also, I saw community option to download voices, but I am totally blind and screen reader nothing reading me on download voices page, probably because this page is in flash.
I searched for .wav files around avast directory but found nothing useful to replace or record voice for my internal use.
Can you upload to me at least English voices or any available packages from community page?
Or better, what to do to make my internal recordings?

__
Update system:
Maybe I am not so normal person, but I put avast to check for update every hour.
yesterday I saw announcement of the new version here on forum.
However, update systemm not offered me 24 hours after, even I set to install it automaticly.
But when I push the button manualy all worked.
What's point there, and after which period of time auto update gives question or installing new version alone, without me?

___

Firewall engine:
I am interesting, if its not secret, which firewall engine avast using in internet security?
Is the firewall avast made or is this from some other firewall vendor?

___
Screen reader support:
A few years ago, I worked with avast developer Omer to improve screen reader support, and he done great job.
In version 7 its work great, but only when self defence mode is disabled.
I sent email on his address, but I am not sure does he still working?

agasoft

Nobody answer, thanks.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
I think English is on http://files.avast.com/files/marketing/sounds.v6/program/english.avastsounds
The minumun timing for update on the free version is 120 minutes. The default for program is an offer to update and for virus definions is automatic.
The firewall engine was developed internally by avast! team.
I'm not an expert on this, but I think self defense module could, indeed, block screen readers.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2012, 01:35:18 PM by Tech »
The best things in life are free.

agasoft

Thanks for voices.
it worked.
Also thanks for firewall info.
It will be challenge for me to test.
About updates:
I set updating time on 60 minutes and fre version accepted it without problem.
I also set program to update automaticly but it not happened on the latest version.
Because I asked about program update system.
About self defence, maybe I will try to contact with developers in meantime.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
I set updating time on 60 minutes and fre version accepted it without problem.
The limit is hardcoded into the program. Any number bellow 120 is not considered.
The best things in life are free.