Author Topic: "Suspicious File: sandbox, deny access, del" -> 0x000000C2: BAD_POOL_CALLER BSOD  (Read 2249 times)

larry7

Whenever i receive a warning message by the real-time-scanner, for example
when highlighting "wirelessNetView" by nirsoft, avast shows a warning dialog.

Since i know this file, and dont want to delete it -- and sadly there is no option "ignore" --
i select "deny access", because this is the least invasive option. As soon as i either click ok
or close the dialog, my system dies with a 0x000000C2: BAD_POOL_CALLER bsod.

M320 Athlon II, 2x 2,1GHz
2 GB RAM
WinXP + SP3

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
Since i know this file, and dont want to delete it -- and sadly there is no option "ignore" --
if you sett sandbox to "ask" then there should be a "run normal" option

larry7

Well, i manuallay added it to whitelist in realtime protection -> behaviour and file system protection.

Whitelisting it or disable auto-sandboxing may be fine work-arounds, but maybe this will still be looked into for a release in the future.  ;)

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
I have just had one of those whilst testing the AutoSandBox to capture example images for use in the forums.

So I will join your party to add weight, I will upload my dump files for analysis, file name uploaded DavidR_BSOB_BadPoolCaller.7z

@ larry7
- Upload any minidump or memory.dmp files, zipped to reduce size.  Give the zip file you are uploading a unique name (e.g. forumusername-mem-dump.zip, etc), so they can identify it. It might not be a bad idea to create a text file (readme.txt) with any relevant information, avast topic URL, user name, etc. etc. in the zip file. Not to mention posting the name of the file you uploaded in the topic, this acts as another searchable reference.

- Memory dump locations, Mini Dump files in, C:\Windows\Minidump\ - Full Kernel dump file, C:\windows\memory.dmp

Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security