Author Topic: [RESOLVED] Weird problem with probably the newest version of Avast Home  (Read 14549 times)

vsub

Re: Weird problem with probably the newest version of Avast Home
« Reply #30 on: July 06, 2012, 10:45:48 AM »
The problem is resolved but I'm trying to figure out why chrome should be installed without your approval.

It didn't get installed here so I'm trying different thing to invoke this problem but still nothing.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2012, 10:47:35 AM by vsub »

SafeSurf

Re: Weird problem with probably the newest version of Avast Home
« Reply #31 on: July 06, 2012, 10:54:38 AM »
There are many threads in the forum re: this issue.  If you did a clean CUSTOM install, and unclicked the install Chrome boxes, it should not install.  If you just clicked away without reading while you were installing, you most likely missed it and installed it.  But you can still uninstall Chrome after installing Avast.  I always suggest Custom installs and read before you click anything...yes, I've learned from my mistakes in the past.  :-X

vsub

Yes I always use custom install on anything and remove what I don't need.

It was long time ago when I was the "Next=>Next=>Next=>Finish" type user :p

I was thinking...could it be because of the UAC service...I've seen tons of problems because of it.Are there XP users with this chrome installing problems?
« Last Edit: July 06, 2012, 11:02:43 AM by vsub »

SafeSurf

[RESOLVED] Weird problem with probably the newest version of Avast Home
« Reply #33 on: July 06, 2012, 11:17:01 AM »
Yes, but again many are not doing the Custom install, or are upgrading from a regular install.  I still think it may be something for Avast to look into, but considering the amount of users who have either upgraded or did a fresh install, the forum usually represents the users with problems, so you are talking very few users who didn't have problems vs. the ones on the forum with problems.