Author Topic: Please help. Sound problem possibly caused by avast  (Read 4722 times)

kevbeck

Please help. Sound problem possibly caused by avast
« on: July 06, 2012, 06:46:20 AM »
Ever since the new update, i've had problems with my sound working on my system. I have noticed that a process of "c:\windows\system32\audiodg.exe" is sporadically appearing in the sandbox in my avast UI. And when this happens, sound does not work on my system whether its through a browser or not. When i try to play music i get an error message "Windows Media Player encountered a problem while playing the file." I have determined that avast is the problem because when i terminate the process, my sound starts to work. I dont like that when i click terminate, it takes anywhere from 2-5 minutes for the process to be terminated.

Can someone tell me why this process is being auto-sandboxed and what i can do to stop it?

Is anyone else experiencing this? I find it hard to believe im the only one.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2012, 06:51:17 AM by kevbeck »

true indian

Re: Please help. Sound problem possibly caused by avast
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2012, 07:23:16 AM »
can u please do this:

run aswclear to uninstall avast as here: www.avast.com/uninstall-utility

now go ahead and download and re-install avast! from www.avast.com
« Last Edit: July 06, 2012, 12:45:35 PM by true indian »

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Please help. Sound problem possibly caused by avast
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2012, 12:43:24 PM »
@ true indian
Always do your preparation first, download the program and uninstall utility, save them to the hard disk. Then and only then should the user uninstall, never do this and then go on-line to download the program without protection.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security