Author Topic: Cannot turn ON sandbox  (Read 4854 times)

Andieboy

Cannot turn ON sandbox
« on: July 06, 2012, 10:56:02 PM »
Hi Guys!

I wanted to start a suspicius application in Avast's sandbox, but I can't do it.
I went to settings, and under Addition Protection / AutoSandbox there is a nice picture, and under it a message, says someting like (try to translate it from my language to english) : "I'm sorry, but the activation of the process-virtualization option can be done only after restarting your system." - and a "restart" link next to it.
I've restarted my win7 now 2 times, but the message still appear, and no AutoSandbox settings.
The AutoSandbox option is ON in the FileSystem protection / advanced settings...

szczypmen

Re: Cannot turn ON sandbox
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2012, 04:37:39 PM »
I've got the same problem.
Even using CCleaner and disabling-enabling AutoSandbox, then restarting system doesn't help.
What's going on?

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2012, 05:55:32 PM »
What avast version are you using avast free, avast Pro or avast Internet Security ?

The use of the term/word Sandbox is confusing as the AutoSandbox is different to the full Sandbox module. The full Sandbox is not available in the free version. The AutoSandbox isn't user configurable (e.g. you can't choose an application to run in the autosandbox) other than choosing to have it enabled or disabled or to add exclusions, e.g. files that shouldn't be autosandboxed.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

m1mi.dan0s

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2012, 08:11:32 PM »
I'm having the same problem

I had it when using the Free version - with a Trial for Internet Security, but I just upgraded to Internet Security and the issue persists with both Sandbox and Autosandbox, here's a screenshot:

Restarting doesn't solve anything. What to do?

Offline pk

• Avast team
  • Super Poster
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2012, 10:32:50 PM »
@m1mi.dan0s, can you please:
1. right-click on an icon on the desktop and do you see sandbox options there? "Run in sandbox"/"Always run in sandbox"?
2. if not, please run cmd.exe (as Administrator) and type "fltmc". Do you see "aswSnx" listed?
3. if not, please type "fltmc load aswsnx", do you get an error?
What's your OS? Thanks.

m1mi.dan0s

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2012, 01:41:46 AM »
I do see both options when I right-click on any desktop-icons. So that means that everything works?

Why does it give this "error" within the Avast CP?

My OS is Windows 7.

Offline pk

• Avast team
  • Super Poster
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2012, 01:44:18 AM »
please disable self-protection (settings -> troubleshooting -> uncheck enable self-protection (I think it's 3rd option from bottom))
delete snx_reboot.txt from \program files\avast software\avast\setup folder
enable self-protection

m1mi.dan0s

« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2012, 01:46:48 AM »
It works now! The error is gone!

Offline pk

• Avast team
  • Super Poster
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2012, 01:49:05 AM »
can you please compress and send me (kurtin@avast.com) your setup.log file from \program files\avast software\avast\setup? I'd like to see if there's a failure in log file, thanks.