Author Topic: Need help with infection  (Read 17720 times)

true indian

Re: Need help with infection
« Reply #45 on: July 27, 2012, 08:35:45 AM »
You need to remove useless programs from startup...I myself disable WUSearch and MS framework and some more bloated services and startup items...Please keep note...that if you decide to use a program u need to be ready to face problems and bugs with it

If you think anything bypassed your system when avast was around...first thing is to backup the infected files in your virus chest that avast doesnt detect...clean you computer...send the files to avast and in turn you are protecting yourself and other members of avast community to protect themselves  ;D

You can help avast by sending these files:
install.exe
Unassoc.exe
ppcrlui_2236_2

All are located in the quobox folder...You can send them via avast chest if u want of course after years or protection for free/cheap costs you could help them out...i am doing this myself  ;)....and rescan them after next VPS and if not detected yet...send it again and so on...

And always remember before putting the fault on a AV program...there is no best protection except your Brain...dont download anything from non-reputated and unknown sites...since you are a indian i know you may be using songs.pk for song download...I would suggest you to maintain caution as some things on songs.pk are tainted...and there is typo squatted domain with same name....be careful with what you download and where you click...

Enjoy safe computing!  ;D
« Last Edit: July 27, 2012, 08:49:52 AM by true indian »

Nikilet

« Reply #46 on: July 27, 2012, 12:39:43 PM »
I have never heard of songs.pk, and furthermore, I do not now nor have I ever downloaded music. I am a very basic and safe computer user. I do not download programs from just anywhere. I even quit my membership to Facebook. I do not use messengers. I have no idea where quobox is.

But irregardless of my lack of expertise and of what you have said, I know that Avast is messing up on my computer. Plain and simple.

After several hours away from the computer I came back to find everything frozen. I had to force a shutdown. After restart, my connection, volume, time and WinPatrol popped right up. My computer boots very quickly and loads pretty quickly too ... except for Avast. After it did finally load, 6 minutes, the icon started turning in a very jerky manner, stop-start, stop-start and then just stopped altogether. I thought I was going to have to force another shutdown but it FINALLY seems to have caught on ... for now anyway.

I run both Malwarebytes Pro and avast Internet Security. I also run the free version of SUPERAntiSpyware once every week or two. All are kept updated, as are my Windows Updates. You are probably not going to find anyone who is any more careful where they click and what they download than me. Take my word for that.

I think possibly I should be posting now in the regular forum because this situation doesn't deal with a virus or worm. It deals with something that has gone awry with an avast update or something along the way that is making avast not perform well for me. It needs to be fixed, certainly, but perhaps this is not the place to do it.

essexboy, if you have any further input, I would appreciate hearing from you.

I also want to add that I don't feel I have a lot of programs running at startup. See screenshot.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2012, 01:03:11 PM by Nikilet »

true indian

« Reply #47 on: July 27, 2012, 01:11:53 PM »
Just if u wanna know how i have my start up set up... ;D

Offline essexboy

• Malware removal instructor
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #48 on: July 27, 2012, 03:59:07 PM »
It does appear that way, but th eproblem is that it is only affecting a small number (relatively) of systems so a commonality needs to be found to determine what the problem is

Normally it will turn out to be another programme loading a wadge of files that Avast checks out